Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi! I am looking for some answers! I have a 01 gt 2.1 kenne bell intercooled with stock engine 82k making 399 rwhp and 440trq! my question is can my car can do 450 rwhp with any issues ? I am thinking to buy bbk shortly headers,45lbs injectors, GMS 2V Pro-Series Coil Pack 60,000 volts,Comp Cams Stage II Xtreme Energy XE270AH!

OR IF THE BLOCK CAN'T HANDLED WHERE I CAN GET A CHEAP STRONG BLOCK? I JUST WANT 550 RWHP!

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
450rwhp should hold up pretty well. However, 550 will not. Good luck!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i just want 450 hp with stock motor for now! and later i am going to build a short block ! for 500 to 600 hp thanks

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Why not just keep what you have now while you build your next setup? If you break something now, you will have to get that replaced while still waiting to finish your final build...

·
Banned
3,705 Posts
450rwhp should hold up pretty well. However, 550 will not. Good luck!
That's pretty debatable.
It's generally accepted that 400-425 is safe, with 425 = motor living on borrowed time.
If you want to do 450, then you better have a tow truck on your speed dial every time you go out planning on getting into the throttle.

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
it's not the block that is your issue, it's the pistons and rods...being non forged, they are the weak link in a boosted motor...
I'd dial up MMR for a complete shortblock, swap yours out and add the fuel system upgrades, then you can run as much boost as you can handle.

·
Registered
806 Posts
yep i wouldnt go past 400rwhp with a stock motor. get it forged and be done with it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thank you guys for the help! I am going to start saving money for my bottom end! what is the best and cheap way to build a strong block ready for 500 or more hp?

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
That's pretty debatable.
It's generally accepted that 400-425 is safe, with 425 = motor living on borrowed time.
If you want to do 450, then you better have a tow truck on your speed dial every time you go out planning on getting into the throttle.

Ah, I see. I was just assuming it was close to the limit in the S197's. Ignore what I said! :yup:

·
Registered
806 Posts
check out mod max, they have a good price on rotating assemblies

·
Registered
41 Posts
thank you guys for the help! I am going to start saving money for my bottom end! what is the best and cheap way to build a strong block ready for 500 or more hp?
what ever you think the amount is that you will spend double it. i wanted to spend $8,000 i spent $16,000. forged stroked block , cnc heads , cams , everything you can think of . 2.1L kenne bell at 14LBS of boost 492rwhp 500 torque. if i let it cool before the last run it would have been over 500. its not the cheap block that costs the money to get there , its every thing else you need to support it. there is a dyno run on you tube if you want to see it ( sinister99gt ). 2.1L wont make much more its out of its efficency range at that much boost. a 2.6L kenne bell will do it, i will be getting one before to long if i dont go turbo to get where i want . if you want to keep your car because you love it then do it , if you just want to go faster, save your money and buy a 03-04 cobra. i bought my car new and dont intend on getting rid of it so i did it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts