Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody, I'm a new mustang owner and just purchased an 01 GT premium with convertible. One of the first things I've noticed in that the air intake tube that goes from the airfilter housing to the TB is deeply cracked. I ordered a replacement that says it's compatible with an 2001 to 2004 GT, but upon receiving it, there's a solid plug where the opening for the IAT sensor is suppose to be. Theoretically, could I just slice of the top of the sensor housing rubber piece on my current intake, drill out the plug on the 02 intake, and JB weld the top rubber part to the 02 intake so I can install the IAT sensor?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everybody, I'm a new mustang owner and just purchased an 01 GT premium with convertible. One of the first things I've noticed in that the air intake tube that goes from the airfilter housing to the TB is deeply cracked. I ordered a replacement that says it's compatible with an 2001 to 2004 GT, but upon receiving it, there's a solid plug where the opening for the IAT sensor is suppose to be. Theoretically, could I just slice of the top of the sensor housing rubber piece on my current intake, drill out the plug on the 02 intake, and JB weld the top rubber part to the 02 intake so I can install the IAT sensor?

i have a bbk CAI i’ll sell to you. it has the iat sensor and everything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have a bbk CAI i’ll sell to you. it has the iat sensor and everything

That's awesome, thanks for the offer! Right now I want to keep it mostly stock until I 100% work out all the mechanical problems. Main thing I have to tackle is the clutch (140k on the original, few!) and convertible top motor, then after that I'll start looking into some mods. When I can save up and get a tuner, I'll do a CAI.

·
Registered
2 Posts
That's awesome, thanks for the offer! Right now I want to keep it mostly stock until I 100% work out all the mechanical problems. Main thing I have to tackle is the clutch (140k on the original, few!) and convertible top motor, then after that I'll start looking into some mods. When I can save up and get a tuner, I'll do a CAI.

Gotcha bud , have fun with the car !

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also so far my method worked. I just drilled a hole in the right spot, widened it a bit, just enough for the IAT sensor to slip into securely, so far no problems!

·
Registered
328 Posts
It's a press (tight) fit...I had to open up the hole in my CAI for mine. You should have no issues. You also may find the stock air intake piece to be completely adequate...I went back to my stock setup, cutting the air silencer back a bit. CAI's back in the box...will try to sell it at Cruise In this summer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts