Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
probably a stupid question, but I need an answer. Is there a trick to pulling the electrical connectors off the coils? I tried to take odd the connector on coil #4 it did not come off no matter how hard I tried....I for sure did not want to break anything, so I'm asking for some help on this issue as all the answer I get here are true and very much appericated. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
There is a small tab on the connector, push it with your thumb and pull back. You shouldn't have to pull hard, but you may need to wiggle it a little. The tab has 3 or 4 lines across it and I believe it faces toward the valve cover.

·
Registered
461 Posts
There's a 7 or 8mm bolt you have to unbolt to take it out and unplug the electrical connector. That's the only thing holding the coil on other than the friction at the connector boot/sparkplug. It should just pull right off but you'll have to angle it so that it clears the fuel rail when you do. Make sure to blow out the sparkplug well with compressed air before removing any of the plugs. You don't want any little nasties dropping in to the cylinder.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
the little tab that you have to depress is on the bottom of the connection. if you haven't gotten them out yet.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks to all for your answers

thanks to all for your answers

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I want to thank all of you who gave me advice on installing a coil....I had to replace the #4 coil, I bought a brand new Motorcraft OEM coil for $57.00 some dielectric great for $12.00 and it took me all of about 10 mins. The dealer wanted $240.00 to do it. Thanks again this place is the best and so is everyone who had input.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.