Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys i currently have a 02 GT 21K miles with ehaust, rims, etc. I was thinking of selling the GT and either buying an 99 or 01 cobra. I want there to be extra hp in the engine and not from some type of forced induction. I know i could do heads and intake etc, and maybe come somewhat close, but it would cost just as much to do that as to buy the cobra. What do you guys think. Also, has anyone ever ridden in or drive a 99 or 01 Cobra, and can you really tell that there is 60 more hp under your foot.

·
Registered
276 Posts
MattKelley02GT said:
Ok guys i currently have a 02 GT 21K miles with ehaust, rims, etc. I was thinking of selling the GT and either buying an 99 or 01 cobra. I want there to be extra hp in the engine and not from some type of forced induction. I know i could do heads and intake etc, and maybe come somewhat close, but it would cost just as much to do that as to buy the cobra. What do you guys think. Also, has anyone ever ridden in or drive a 99 or 01 Cobra, and can you really tell that there is 60 more hp under your foot.
Always kinda wanted a Cobra. Nice platform to start with......:drool:

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Agree w/Larry - I'd really like a Cobra: more HP, better brakes, better ride from the IRS, inherently better breathing motor, part of the "ford legend', etc. I'll take either of these please:

Attachments

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
no kiddin, if you've got an eyeball on a Cobra and can afford it, get it.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok guys thanks, well im gonna keep looking and im making myself find one within 600 miles in my odometer. So once i hit 22K on the odometer ill have a 99 or 01 cobra. Thanks guys

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.