Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, one of my friend's dad's just bought him an 06 GT. He just got it lowered, B&M short Throw, and some Borlas. Hes always hinting that hes wanting to race me in my 02 GT. I have magnapacks, prochamber, K&N FIPK 2 as of right now. Im going to get some 3.73's, tuner, short throw, and some UD pullies. Do you think that I have a chance against him after i do all that. Also, I think hes going to to put some Long Tubes and an X later on, so what would i have to do to compete with that?

·
Registered
626 Posts
If you get the 3.73, tuner and udp - and he does nothin you should be able to take em... That stock GT is 40more hp powerful, and has 3.55 gearing to your 3.27...

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
yes 40HP more with a steeper 355 vs 327 gearing. If you go with 373s and launch it better than him you will be able to pull on him off the line then HP will determine the rest.
lol try to race him when hes still learning how to drive lol=)

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well with all of my mods when im done, won't i be close to that 40 hp?

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
With all your mods and a good tune, power should be VERY close. Gears and driver will make a difference. Just do yourself a favor and take it to a track please.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, well i should have all of my mods done in the within the next 2 months so after i do that then ill take him to a track. Thanks for the info

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
The gear difference will make no difference at all. The S197 cars have a taller wheel/tire combo. I would say if the 06 has a tune watch out! Don't go doing it for money, just do it for fun.

·
Banned
2,185 Posts
A couple months ago I was at the track and had an 05' GT edge me out by one one hundredth. The sad part is I was bone stock, but both times were horrible regardless, running 9.8 in the 1/8. It just goes to show that the driver is a big part of the equation. I have not been back to the track since doing my mods as they had shut down for the winter, but my best stock was 9.38. Practice, Practice, Practice

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
im running 13.6 with mods on my sig, and pulling a 8.774 1/8

i ran a 05 GT once on road until i had to drop out cuz a car pulled out in front of me.
sucked i had him at my rear bumper whole time.

·
Banned
2,185 Posts
carguy1985 said:
im running 13.6 with mods on my sig, and pulling a 8.774 1/8

i ran a 05 GT once on road until i had to drop out cuz a car pulled out in front of me.
sucked i had him at my rear bumper whole time.
Those are some really good times. That is actually where I was hoping to be when I make it back to the track this spring. Last time I went, there were two old guys (no offense all you old stang lovers out there :winks ), one in a modded camaro with drag slicks running 9.1's and another in a brand spanking new vette running 8.9's. How sweet it would have been to put them in their place :laughlitt , Maybe next time.:laughlitt

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well i havn't been or looked for a track near the dallas area, because i wanna start to practice up.

·
Banned
2,185 Posts
My very first two runs at a track were 10.1 and 10.3 (in the 1/8th), got beat by a Tacoma both times :sterb: . Picked up a full second with just practice alone. That first time is nerve-wrecking, but its blast!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What exactly is a taller wheel base? What exactly does that mean?

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
If you take a 235/55/17 put it up against a 245/45/17, the first one will be taller. The first are 27.3 inches tall, and the seconds are 25.9 inches tall. Even though the difference is only 1.4 inches, at 70 mph the 3.55s in the s107 cars will only increase rpm by about 50. I use this calculator all the time to figure out different combos http://www.allfordmustangs.com/Detailed/608.shtml Just plug in the tire, and gear size.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.