Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys ! Just Got a 2002 Roush Stage 1 (V6) and was looking into throwing some parts on to increase the HP. A buddy of mine recomended Option B what do u guys think http://www.rpmoutlet.com/newv6m.htm ?? It comes with a 70mm BBK throttle body do you rec putting that in as well?? Thanks for any assistance..

p.s. How does a K&N CAI rank against others??

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
the bigger throttle body will not do anything unless you have a supercharger or are turbo charged. All you need it a Good CAI (demolet or K&N FIPK II) Underdrives (42% from rpmoutlet) Exhaust and some suspension upgrades and you should be sitting pretty.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
cwboyup124 said:
Hey Guys ! Just Got a 2002 Roush Stage 1 (V6) and was looking into throwing some parts on to increase the HP. A buddy of mine recomended Option B what do u guys think http://www.rpmoutlet.com/newv6m.htm ?? It comes with a 70mm BBK throttle body do you rec putting that in as well?? Thanks for any assistance..

p.s. How does a K&N CAI rank against others??
There's no such thing as a Roush Stage1 V6.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually, in 2002 The Stage 1 Roush is a v6 with Body kit, Exhaust, and suspension upgrades. Stage 2 was a v8 with the same additions, and Stage 3 was supercharged v8 with the aditions. Not quite sure who you got that info from?? Thanks for the help! The underdrives seemed to have helped with torque.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I know, I know this tread is old and dead but I just have to put in my 2 sense...

Quoting from Wikipedia "Stage 1 came with 17-inch (430 mm) wheels, a lowered suspension and a side-mounted exhaust system. In addition, it came with an air dam, side skirts and a rear spoiler. Stage 2 was an upgraded Stage 1 with 18-inch (460 mm) alloy wheels and BFGoodrich Comp T/A Tires. The suspension was extensively modified with Bilstein shocks, High-rate springs, stiffer anti-roll bars and new control arms. Roush claimed it achieved 1.0g lateral acceleration and was on par with the Porsche 911 Turbo. Both Stage 1 and Stage 2 came with V6 or V8 engine options. The top of the line was the Stage 3, with 360 hp (268 kW) and 375 ft·lbf (508 Nm) of torque."

Link: Ford Mustang variants - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

1 - 7 of 7 Posts