Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to get a pair of headers + an H pipe for my 'Stang so eventually, I'm going to need a pair of 02 sensor eliminators so I can pass inspection. I went on EBAY to look for some and I have no idea if they will fit my car ...

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?sofocus=mppf&sbrftog=1&mppfqy=02+sensor+eliminator&catref=C6&from=R40&dfsp=32&satitle=undefined&sacat=6028&catref=C6&fmmk=&fmmd=&fylo=&fyhi=&mppfqy=&sargn=-1&saslc=2&sadis=200&fpos=12771&sabfmts=1&saobfmts=insif&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&fsop=32&fsoo=2

... Does anyone know about these? I've heard people at work say they cost about $200 so this doesn't look right if that's true lol

Thanks! :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
110 Posts
not sure about the cost but how they work is theres a resistor inside of them. on of the ways the computer measures your A/F mixture is through your O2 sensors so if you get a mid-pipe that doesnt support O2 then you might want to invest in a tuner as well so you can manually set your mixture because the mixture will always read the same to the computer. if you dont have many other mods than youll be fine. when you do get them though, make sure theyre not close to the exaust cause ive seen them fail from getting too hot

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not sure about the cost but how they work is theres a resistor inside of them. on of the ways the computer measures your A/F mixture is through your O2 sensors so if you get a mid-pipe that doesnt support O2 then you might want to invest in a tuner as well so you can manually set your mixture because the mixture will always read the same to the computer. if you dont have many other mods than youll be fine. when you do get them though, make sure theyre not close to the exaust cause ive seen them fail from getting too hot
Dumb question: do I need aftermarket headers if I want to put an H pipe on my car?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Not if its a full length h-pipe, it will bolt right up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.