Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can this be disabled in a custom tune for an 06 gt? What are the benefits and disadvantages?

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Yes it can.

Dunno about the advantages, but the disadvantage is you need them turned on for inspections that you do.

I have a dyno tune iwth them turned on an off since when I go WOT with my blower it would throw an code everytime cuz of the increase airflow. So when I need to go for an inspection I just switch tunes.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Yes, they can be off. Mine are all off. My A/F was alot better using the hard coded fuel trims as opposed to letting the 02 sensors try and correct them. I don't know of any disadvantages of it. I guess emissions if you have that in your state.

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts
Yes, they can be off. Mine are all off. My A/F was alot better using the hard coded fuel trims as opposed to letting the 02 sensors try and correct them. I don't know of any disadvantages of it. I guess emissions if you have that in your state.
Advantages??? How about never having to spend money on O2 sensors again? :shigrin

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Only for the wideband and that one's only $50. Ordered one yesterday because I've been running it unpowered for a couple weeks before I decided to check the power source. Amazingly it still works but I'm putting in a new one to be sure.

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts
Only for the wideband and that one's only $50. Ordered one yesterday because I've been running it unpowered for a couple weeks before I decided to check the power source. Amazingly it still works but I'm putting in a new one to be sure.
Just splicing it in? :scratchchin

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.