Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2003 automatic V6 new edge mustang with 148,000 miles, and recently I drifted it and muddy water got all up under and inside of everything frying my alternator and making me replace my a/c pulley but the problem im having now is my car bogs and hesitates going into 2nd gear and I can’t seem to understand what the problem is, I’ve replaced the MAF sensor and put a new air filter but no solution to the problem, the car drives fine overall aside from being in 2nd gear. I can manually put it in 1st no problems idles fine, and if I manually put it in 2nd it bogs down and sounds like it’s cammed until it shuts off eventually. When driving in overdrive it idles fine and everything but when i start to drive and it shifts into 2nd the rpms drop and its shakes the smallest bit but then accelerates normally and drives fine, and also when coming to a stop if i hit the brakes a little to hard it shakes while downshifting thru 2nd and almost wants to stall out sometimes stalls out and shuts off. I’ve also checked my fluids and all seem fine I recently had a transmission flush no metal being in the fluid when changed or now when i check, no water in my oil either. If anyone has had this problem or can potentially tell me what’s wrong I would appreciate it greatly!

·
Registered
6,758 Posts
I own a 2003 automatic V6 new edge mustang with 148,000 miles, and recently I drifted it and muddy water got all up under and inside of everything frying my alternator and making me replace my a/c pulley but the problem im having now is my car bogs and hesitates going into 2nd gear and I can’t seem to understand what the problem is, I’ve replaced the MAF sensor and put a new air filter but no solution to the problem, the car drives fine overall aside from being in 2nd gear. I can manually put it in 1st no problems idles fine, and if I manually put it in 2nd it bogs down and sounds like it’s cammed until it shuts off eventually. When driving in overdrive it idles fine and everything but when i start to drive and it shifts into 2nd the rpms drop and its shakes the smallest bit but then accelerates normally and drives fine, and also when coming to a stop if i hit the brakes a little to hard it shakes while downshifting thru 2nd and almost wants to stall out sometimes stalls out and shuts off. I’ve also checked my fluids and all seem fine I recently had a transmission flush no metal being in the fluid when changed or now when i check, no water in my oil either. If anyone has had this problem or can potentially tell me what’s wrong I would appreciate it greatly!
Scan for codes?

·
Super Moderator
2,261 Posts
@Axalto
Welcome to ALLFORDMUSTANGS!
Please read the Site Rules and be sure to complete your account details.
We’re glad you’ve joined us.

·
Registered
6,758 Posts
Could my tps sensor cause the problem in only 2nd?
Dog, scan for codes before buying another part. Really It’d be worth it to buy a cheap obdii code reader prior to buying another part, but a parts store will scan for free. Scan with the key on motor off first and then do another with the motor running.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dog, scan for codes before buying another part. Really It’d be worth it to buy a cheap obdii code reader prior to buying another part, but a parts store will scan for free. Scan with the key on motor off first and then do another with the motor running.
Threw code P0122 throttle/pedal position sensor A circuit low input. Ordering new tps today and I’ll let y’all know if anything changes

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good deal. Always start with codes.
:Update: I installed the new TPS sensor and made sure it was between .5-.95 and it drove fine for about 15 miles and then it started again. Left clueless on how to fix my problem. Still chokes and wants to stall coming to a stop when passing down thru 2nd and hesitates (jerks) when driving and passing through 2nd up.

·
Super Moderator
2,261 Posts
I think it’s time you take it to a good shop (I’d go to a good Ford dealership) instead of throwing money into parts. It may cost a little more, but it will likely save a lot of frustration. A good diagnostician‘s time is well worth the money.

Also, is that an aftermarket TPS you put on there or a Ford part?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think it’s time you take it to a good shop (I’d go to a good Ford dealership) instead of throwing money into parts. It may cost a little more, but it will likely save a lot of frustration. A good diagnostician‘s time is well worth the money.

Also, is that an aftermarket TPS you put on there or a Ford part?
Gator Ford in Tampa? And aftermarket but it seems to be working right

1 - 14 of 14 Posts