Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a 03 04 lightning supercharger that has about 4k miles on it and I'm curious.... If it's even possible...what wOuld I need to make this fit and function properly?? All he has is the supercharger.

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
fogettabouit....it won't work

·
Registered
196 Posts
better off finding a used centri blower that sounds like alot of trouble for nothing

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
It will work and only cost me $3000 for the
Build

This is a Cobra Blower the
Lightning would only be on the other side.

so why would you buy an inferior OEM blower, and then spend $3000 more when you could have Kenne Bell or Whipple system built for your car for about $4000 new in the box? Answer: You'd have to be stupid

·
Registered
11 Posts
so why would you buy an inferior OEM blower, and then spend $3000 more when you could have Kenne Bell or Whipple system built for your car for about $4000 new in the box? Answer: You'd have to be stupid
For 1 thing It cost me only $3000 for everything
That is everything. Do that with a KB or a Whipple
and still put down 410rwhp. I don't think So!

NS

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
For 1 thing It cost me only $3000 for everything
That is everything. Do that with a KB or a Whipple
and still put down 410rwhp. I don't think So!

NS
what are you kidding me? With a KB or Whipple you'll put down as much as the shortblock can handle...and then so much more with a built block
Not to mention not having to piece something together from stray parts, it's cool that you did that, but I'd rather have the best on my engine and spend the extra to get it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
what are you kidding me? With a KB or Whipple you'll put down as much as the shortblock can handle...and then so much more with a built block
Not to mention not having to piece something together from stray parts, it's cool that you did that, but I'd rather have the best on my engine and spend the extra to get it.
Right now I am running a 3.15 pulley I can drop to a 2.76
and put out 15lbs of boost and about 450rwhp but the bottom of the motor would fly apart. Then there porting and more tuning.
or I can put a KB or whipple on top of the motor now that I
got the Tork Tech Intake. I am maxed out on HP for a Stock
Motor.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts