Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got an 03 GT convertible and I'm not impressed with the Mach audio in it - and I am not sure what I actually have. My old 94 GT convertible had the Mach 460 and it sounded awesome but in the new car it sounds like a stereo from a Corolla. Is there different kinds of Mach stereos for Mustangs (I mean of a lower quality than the 460)???

·
Registered
348 Posts
theres the standard non-mach audio, the mach 460, and the mach 1000. when i bought my car it sounded like crap, i have the mach 460. i took off the door panels and discovered the previous owner put in regular kicker speakers. what an idiot, regular speakers can't handle the bass of a purpose driven mid-bass system.

i would look behind the door panels and under the rear deck panel and look for factory speakers. if they installed some other speaker check ebay for factory replacements. mach speakers have a "Z" printed on the magnet.

if you just have the standard non-mach system then any speaker can be installed. also, the stock speakers may have been blown, the previous owner might have cranked up the volume too often for too long.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.