Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well here is my problem im currently in the proccess of installing my new spec stage 1 clutch i bought a new flywheel from the local oriely auto parts. I have gotten the new pilot bearing in throw out bearing in and am now installing the flywheel. Here is my delimma, the dowels for the new flywheel dont fit the holes. the holes for the fly wheel are about 1/2" diameter and the dowels are about 1/4". the pressure plate holes are 1/4" on the spec clutch. So i cant go any further untill i figure out what to do.. i havent resurfaced the old flywheel its in good shape but i dont know if i can trust that withought resurfacing it.. the dowels will fit into the clutch pressure plate holes and go into the fly wheel but they are lose in the fly wheel holes and tight in the clutch pressure plate holes... Any suggestions what to do....

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
well here is my problem im currently in the proccess of installing my new spec stage 1 clutch i bought a new flywheel from the local oriely auto parts. I have gotten the new pilot bearing in throw out bearing in and am now installing the flywheel. Here is my delimma, the dowels for the new flywheel dont fit the holes. the holes for the fly wheel are about 1/2" diameter and the dowels are about 1/4". the pressure plate holes are 1/4" on the spec clutch. So i cant go any further untill i figure out what to do.. i havent resurfaced the old flywheel its in good shape but i dont know if i can trust that withought resurfacing it.. the dowels will fit into the clutch pressure plate holes and go into the fly wheel but they are lose in the fly wheel holes and tight in the clutch pressure plate holes... Any suggestions what to do....
Resurface that old flywheel if everything works with it. If nothing was wrong with your old flywheel other than needing to be resurfaced you just wasted money on that new flywheel money that can go towards something that will benefit you and your car better. I resurfaced my stock flywheel when I put my spec stage 2 kit in my 98 not had a problem and it cost me $15 bucks to have it done! How much did you pay for that new flywheel? Do keep in mind though there is specs on these just like rotors but you should not be near that.....the shop will tell you if it is usable or not!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts