Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember reading in a previous thread that there are problems with the power windows. The suggested fix was to hit the door a couple of times and it would work again. My window would not work for a day, every two or three months, but lately it seems to happen more and more ... and no I didn't beat on it. Everything looks fine with the switch and motor. Does anyone have any recommendations ... besides beating on it?

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Had that issue with my passenger window, i bent the wires a bit and tested it kept jiggling the bundle of wires till it worked, my dad said there was a short, we moved the wires to a place they worked and secured them, might try that?

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
that is not a fix... ive heard of the wires starting to break where they go into the door cuz they bend all the time so they only sometimes work.. but anyway if you find a shorted wire, you fix it permanently, not temporarily move it to a spot it works

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
I was incorrect in what i said earlier, sorry we realized it was shorted by moving it, so we then got a used a tester to locate where it was shorting and from there replaced that length of wire.

·
Registered
81 Posts
My driver side window was tripping when i put the window all the way down sometimes it didnt want to go back up i just heard clicking like the motor was getting stuck or something, so i took the door panel apart and hit the window motor a couple times and its been working ever sense, i know i probably need a window motor soon..

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've taken the door panel off, inspected wires, motor, switch, and anything I thought was remotely connected with the window power system. I just don't see anything wrong ... but it's driving me insane none-the-less.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Try a different switch.all you have to do is swap them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts