Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SO, me and my 250lb friend are goin to orlando to chill. We get on 528 (its 4 lanes with a 65mph speedlimit). Were doin maybe 72 or 73 and we see a red challenger SRT8. He gets up next to us and kinda sits there, my friend goes Dude give it to em. Im like..."were gunna get owned". He goes do it...

So to make sure im not imaginig a challenge i look over and the dude looks right back, then i do on of those rolling revs and he hands it right back.

Well the pedal goes to the floor we hit like 95, hood scoop is shaking like crazy, look over and the challenger is right next to us

Floor it again hit 115(didnt have a tune at the time so i was maxed out) challenger is a bit behind, im like ?? how am i beating him, then the front 2 supports from the hood scoop rip and its about to fly back at me. challenger is still back but i know i gotta slow down, we get back down to 70 and that dude rips past goin atleast 100 and keeps going, dont really care if i lost just gotta say it was FUN.

Once we stopped i took of the scoop, and the ride back on 95 was fun, saw a riced accord, going about 90 got next to him and as we did flashed the lights, then just took off and left him in the dust ( he looked to havetried then realized it was a lost cause) . 1win 1 loss in a day not bad at all for a V6 with only true duals and a CAI at the time.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
it he couldnt pass you until you slowed down then i hate to say it was just the 300hp heavy pig v6 model.

if it was a true srt8 challenger it was toying with you cause what they have of most is top end. thats a low 13 to high 12 second 1/4 mile car. i know cause ive raced its brother the srt8 300c, those big hemis move up top, down low they suck.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It could have been a clone but it had the badging and eveything for the SRT8 so he was probly toying with us, would have liked to not have the hoodscoop screw up so i could of gotten more out of the race!

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
yeah bro you'd have no chance if he really hit it...it has like 450 torque, btw I've demolished V6 stangs with my M45 and there is no way it would run with the big Hemi

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Either way its still fun atleast being a contender, and of course frying some rice is always fun aswell.

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
dude you need to wake up...you weren't a contender, and last time I checked a Mopar is hardly "rice"...I'm sure if you posted this on a Mopar forum you would be laughed off
200hp is never going to take 400+

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It shouldnt be able too but the dude was slow to shift whether or not toying with me and so for a while it was, and ofc. if it was a clone then i had a good chance since those things weigh alot more then my newedge.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
dude you need to wake up...you weren't a contender, and last time I checked a Mopar is hardly "rice"...I'm sure if you posted this on a Mopar forum you would be laughed off

he mentioned rice cause he took out an accord after the run with the hemi. he wasnt calling the challenger rice.

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
You really had no chance as my dad has a 300 SRT8 when I see him and we go to dinner or what not he always has a story of ripping a stang here or there cause he knows what I got. Them hemi's got pull and just chock ablock full of torque.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Exactly, didnt even realize he thought i was calling the challenger rice, i may not like dodge but challengers are still pure muscle.

@ Smurf Stang i definetly respect the hemi, and realize i shouldnt have any shot at beating one as its like an SVT ford, ofcourse if i have a legit termi and not a fobra then ide have something with a shot!

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
that i did, that was my fault for removing the honeycomb and not cutting the hood so he air could pass through, fixed the scoop with fiberglass resin and bolted the honeycomb back aswell as cut the hood where the inlaid scoop is. Then drilled out the honeycomb so it allows air pass through into the engine bay, Tried it with the hood cut but no grille and i broke the scoop again so i just put the grill on but made it functional. That cut will be great to have once i get the parts together for a windstar intake swap!

·
Banned
696 Posts
Dude, don't you know?
Posting anything negative in the kill forums is an auto ban.
Every race that involves a mustang should be praised, and even if the stock V6 econocar loses the other car was obviously cheating at racing. Mustangs win 24/7 and compete with 458 italias and R8's no matter how small the engine is.

OP.....just stop.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Dude, don't you know?
Posting anything negative in the kill forums is an auto ban.
Every race that involves a mustang should be praised, and even if the stock V6 econocar loses the other car was obviously cheating at racing. Mustangs win 24/7 and compete with 458 italias and R8's no matter how small the engine is.

OP.....just stop.
Vasher,vasher, the v6 basher...lol. I read this post just to see ur response! U didnt disappointe!:gringreen I hope those dudes from the other post dont come on and start with you again. My Buddy has a hemi magnum...they`re pigs but fast. No way a stock 6er could keep up with that. Who knows though...as for the accord...can we classify that as a kill? An accord? Ok...good kill!!!:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
The accord is more off mercy killing so that it doesn't suffer anymore.:laugh:

·
Registered
252 Posts
i believe he gets the point that his car cant out run a srt8 why don't y'all hop off his sack and just be calm. OP its always fun tempting cars quicker then u just to see them take off do it all the time never gets old. Good kill on the rice though

G

·
Ok guys... no disrespectful comments or this thread will be closed. Keep a good discussion going... there's no need to posture and insult.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks snack, as for vashes rude comment i know i had no chance, although to be respectful to the new edge six with a bit of work and a decent tune you can surpass a new edge GT stock or even one with a CAI, so it does have a chance against some v8's, also when on a deserted road with a friend peer pressure and the need to show off kinda take over

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
No prob... I just don't like seeing these threads get out of hand.

:bigthumbsup
Thank god we have a moderator who GAF what people say in here now, it was getting old listening to V6 bashers all the time.....

@derfdog15 yeah if done right it's fun, I'm having a blast with this car now!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts