Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently Purchased a mustang and today I was looking at the engine compartment doing maintenance. I noticed that I had two valve and am unsure if they should be different. And also the main valve does not stop air. I tried blowing in and sucking out and air moves both ways. Shouldn't it seal one direction?

Attachments

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
Okay firstly, the hose that plugs into the passenger side valve cover does not have a valve in it. That's just a hose adapter so it sticks in and stays there. It's marginally harder to blow through the top of it than it is to blow through the bottom of it, so it's working. As long as the valve thing on the inside still moves freely you're okay.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay firstly, the hose that plugs into the passenger side valve cover does not have a valve in it. That's just a hose adapter so it sticks in and stays there. It's marginally harder to blow through the top of it than it is to blow through the bottom of it, so it's working. As long as the valve thing on the inside still moves freely you're okay.
Thank you! I was unsure about that!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts