Vortech V3 8-10psi
Anderson power pipe
Diablo sport maf.ia
Unknown aftermarket cams
Unknown injectors
KB BAP
BBK long tubes
Off road x

Hesitation under partial to heavy load from about 1500 to 3500 rpm. After 3500 WOT the car pulls like a freight train. If I’m at maybe 10-15% throttle the car doesn’t act up.

When I purchased the car a few months ago it ran great. It’s been slowly getting worse and now it’s at the point where I won’t even drive it unless I’m trying to diagnose the problem.

So far I have..

Replaced the fuel filter (Ford)
Replaced the plugs with NGK TR6’s gapped at .035 (old ones were ngk tr55’s gapped at like .050)
New OEM Ford coils(old ones were a mix of MSD and cheapo replacements)
Cleaned MAF
Checked for vacuum leaks
Reseated charge piping (with a little hairspray for added security)

I have a SCT X4 that I did some data logging on. But I might as well be looking at Chinese. Is there any information out there where I could learn how to understand all the units of measure related to the PID they represent?

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
There's a lot of significant mods which makes diagnosing it more difficult. I'd scan it for codes and see what comes up. Maybe it'll list something obvious.

·
Registered
2004 Mustang GT: Competition Orange, T56 Magnum, Vortech Supercharged
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There's a lot of significant mods which makes diagnosing it more difficult. I'd scan it for codes and see what comes up. Maybe it'll list something obvious.
Its not showing any codes. I checked using the SCT X4 and a few days ago when I had a friend check it with his fancy Snap-On thing. We also tried to look at the sensors using Fords program. But for whatever reason it wouldn’t connect to the ECU. I did some logging last night. I’m going to try to dig in to it a little more today and hopefully find someone that can check them as well.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
If you can't figure it out then take it to the closest dyno tune shop that's got experience with 4.6L Mustangs. They'll be able to analyze the data and know what to look for and what's not right with a highly modded and supercharged setup like yours.

·
Registered
2004 Mustang GT: Competition Orange, T56 Magnum, Vortech Supercharged
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’m not able to get to a dyno. Time and money do not allow it right now unfortunately.
I have several logs from driving around as well as video of the afr gauge while logging.

If anyone could look at the logs and videos and help me figure out what is going on, I would greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
The problem is that few people have the amount of mods that you do and at that level those that do likely take their cars to a dyno shop to tune it anyway. On a lot of the parameters it'll be real hard to tell what normal is supposed to be for an engine like yours without a previous data log to compare to when it ran ok.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts