Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This race is gonna happen soon. This guy has been talkin crap sayin he is gonna smoke me. I really dont know myself because I dont know a lot about RX8s. He has the manual RX8 and my 06 Mustang GT is an automatic. I am just wondering what to expect.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
wormy said:
This race is gonna happen soon. This guy has been talkin crap sayin he is gonna smoke me. I really dont know myself because I dont know a lot about RX8s. He has the manual RX8 and my 06 Mustang GT is an automatic. I am just wondering what to expect.
You're gunna run by him like he's standing still. They are quick, but not against a GT. They have no low-end torque, so from a dig(even with their light-weight body), you're gunna smoke him.

He's not running any nitrous is he?

·
Registered
491 Posts
You will have no problem, I beat them in my 01 GT auto so you ought to crush him :happyhapp

·
Registered
72 Posts
Should be an easy kill. Since Mazda didn't put the forethought into making the RX-8's turboed. If it was turboed, then I would be a little concerned. I had an RX-7 turbo a few years back, very quick car once it gets rolling.

·
Registered
60 Posts
If it's a stick, he has 250hp. Auto, only 210hp. And both versions have even less torque. No contest, in other words. :cool:

·
Registered
249 Posts
You should walk him pretty easy. I'm wondering if he has nitrous...cause he should know the 06 GT has way more torque and quite a bit more hp than the RX8....hmmmm.. He might be thinking the weight difference will keep him in the race. Just go whoop his azz and then let us know how it went.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Ive crushed several, from a roll and stop, you should have no problems showing him your tail lights.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
He claims his low weight and his car being a manual will help. I told him we could just race to 100 so no one would risk getting hurt and he said he would smoke me. I cant wait for this. he works with my dad and I know he has done nothing to the car except get new tires.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
wormy said:
He claims his low weight and his car being a manual will help. I told him we could just race to 100 so no one would risk getting hurt and he said he would smoke me. I cant wait for this. he works with my dad and I know he has done nothing to the car except get new tires.
As long as it's a straightaway.

·
Registered
76 Posts
When's this happening? I'm just up the road in Franklin and would love to pour it on after this RX8 loses! By the way, make plans to come out to the Nashville Superspeedway in May for the on-track driving event. Details will be listed on the Music City Mustang Club site soon. Good luck and enjoy your '06 GT.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
just courious, how would a slightly modded v6 manual, such as mine, hold up against an RX-8? I've always been edgey about challenging one but from what yall are sayin they are all bark and no bite. i know that from a roll i might be in trouble, but from a stand still maybe?

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Just stop it.

tex117 said:
just courious, how would a slightly modded v6 manual, such as mine, hold up against an RX-8? I've always been edgey about challenging one but from what yall are sayin they are all bark and no bite. i know that from a roll i might be in trouble, but from a stand still maybe?
Stop. I have driven both. I should caveat that with the fact that I drove the GT, before ordering it... however, I have also driven countless Explorers with the 4.0 and Rangers and B4000s. The *truck* would take it! Your car has a better engine than the B4000. Just as bulletproof and just as torquey [is that really a word? Sounds like the Greek name for a car]. You'll take him easy. Who knows what his top speed is but it would take him forever to get there.

Not kidding. There is no torque, even at 8-9,000 RPM. It feels a little less than the Mazda 6 or the Protege [haven't driven the Mazda 3]. Surprisingly gutless. Stunningly so. Give him a ride in your car someday and he will eat his words. You won't even have to race him.

Better yet, go to the local Mazda dealership and tell them you are looking to buy one for your wife but you don't want a car that is too powerful. Test drive it yourself :) MUHAHAHA. Know thine enemy. Don't drive the automatic though. Sounds even more gutless, if that is possible.

Don't worry, it's a chick car.

:p

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
JetBlack said:
Stop. I have driven both. I should caveat that with the fact that I drove the GT, before ordering it... however, I have also driven countless Explorers with the 4.0 and Rangers and B4000s. The *truck* would take it! Your car has a better engine than the B4000. Just as bulletproof and just as torquey [is that really a word? Sounds like the Greek name for a car]. You'll take him easy. Who knows what his top speed is but it would take him forever to get there.

Not kidding. There is no torque, even at 8-9,000 RPM. It feels a little less than the Mazda 6 or the Protege [haven't driven the Mazda 3]. Surprisingly gutless. Stunningly so. Give him a ride in your car someday and he will eat his words. You won't even have to race him.

Better yet, go to the local Mazda dealership and tell them you are looking to buy one for your wife but you don't want a car that is too powerful. Test drive it yourself :) MUHAHAHA. Know thine enemy. Don't drive the automatic though. Sounds even more gutless, if that is possible.

Don't worry, it's a chick car.

:p
I wouldn't say they're gutless...but I also wouldn't say they could beat a '05 GT

·
Registered
244 Posts
race him and kill him and then turn on your tape recorder and record any excuses he might give. Make sure to have some witnesses...offer to race again and offer to have one of his friends in your car and one of your friends in his car...then make sure you rub it in his face and turn ricer on him by making fun of him for the rest of his car's life...muahahahaha

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
YORCHI said:
race him and kill him and then turn on your tape recorder and record any excuses he might give. Make sure to have some witnesses...offer to race again and offer to have one of his friends in your car and one of your friends in his car...then make sure you rub it in his face and turn ricer on him by making fun of him for the rest of his car's life...muahahahaha
Somehow I don't think he would stick around after losing after talking all that ****.

·
Registered
244 Posts
yeah...i have a personal vendetta against smack talkers...raced one once and it just led to more smack talking...so since then, i don't race anyone like that unless I can have proof or witnesses...

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
XLeezardx said:
racing against a slow RX-8 is really pathetic. First of all you have alot more power and u know it. You have a huge ass V8 engine and he has a no torque very small displacment enigne. You should stick to your own class and race a Corvette C6. Slap on a turbo for trhe RX8 and that will be even. Its all about power to weight ratio in a straight line. The RX-8 has a better chasis than the Mustang.
That may be but hes not the one talking smack or the one that asked for the race, so if the RX8 needs a reality check I say theres no reason why he shouldn't give it to him.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Ask first

Ask Mr. RX8 *before* the race...

"So what kind of problems are you having with your ride?"

This way, he has no excuses, after. Nothing to fall back on as an excuse for not being the uber-winner.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.