Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi so just had my car at the auto body shop having a skirt painted an door fixed got it back after two weeks excited as can be. While driving away was happy to be back in when I kicked it in to hear the beautiful sound of my exhaust. When the engine light kicked on and my excitement quickly faded. I checked it with my FIXD App to see what it was. And the two codes it found was P1071 Which was fuel injection system too lean bank 1. Which I learnt was the wrong air mixture to much or to little fuel. And there was also a cylinder 1 misfire. So my question is it something I should bring to the mechanic immediately or just drive it around a bit see if the light kicks back on. I reset the OBD for now but obviously I don’t want to damage the car with lack of knowledge of this issue. Thanks in advanced! It’s a stock GT 5-speed

·
Registered
3,566 Posts
Cylinder 1 misfire + lean code on bank 1 = No.1 injector issue

I'd drive it as little as possible until the culprit is found.

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
Is the engine tune stock or has it been modified (after market performance tune)? Many times, performance tunes result in Lean A/F mixture (many tuners are on the conservative side), which is better than being too Rich. If you have a performance tune on it, a lot of things can trigger a Lean code, (especially if the tune is on the edge), barometric pressure changes, weather, cold, different gas, etc. Either way, you want it looked at to be sure all is ok.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think it’s a stock tune I’m not to sure from the previous owner what he did to it been slowly finding different little treasures with it. But I mean I feel like it could have been off the cold start. But I have my mechanic taking a look at it tomrrow so we’ll see if we can get down to he root of the problem. Will keep posted 🙂

·
Registered
11 Posts
Did you get this resolved? I had a similar issue, cleaned all sensor plugs, MAF, TB, etc. Got rid of the miss fire on #1 but still have rough idle (not as rough). O2s still throwing codes... trying new plugs and COPs.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I have had this error a couple times. In my case it was the intake tube not tight on the throttle body.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did you get this resolved? I had a similar issue, cleaned all sensor plugs, MAF, TB, etc. Got rid of the miss fire on #1 but still have rough idle (not as rough). O2s still throwing codes... trying new plugs and COPs.
I have had this error a couple times. In my case it was the intake tube not tight on the throttle body.
Sorry for the long response. So took it to the mechanic he cleared the code. He said it’s possible since it sat for a bit that I might of took it a little rough after getting it back. And too keep an eye on it if the code came back which as of about 3-4 weeks later it has not *knock on wood*

1 - 7 of 7 Posts