Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
i know that nascar uses spacers between carb and intake manifold. may be as a restrictor plate though. the inside has groves it seems (corkscrew type)on this spacer. dont know enough, would be nice though if it worked .but if it did wouldnt you need to tune also. tunetunetune i hav a headach with all the tunes for this car! .:eyebulge: vynle

·
Registered
767 Posts
Dyno proven to give a big whopping 1hp. So if you are just buying it to make the dyno numbers look better....don't.

NOW, having said that, it actually does do something. Many people ( myself included ) have complained about having a flat spot after getting a tune. Normal driving, between say 2500rpm and 3000rpm, almost feels like you are pulling a trailer. Punch it, that flat spot isn't there. Just there on normal everyday driving. The TBS got rid of that flat spot. It is completely gone.
Other people have also said it seemed to improve their throttle response.
I have probably wasted more money on less useful mods. It is still on my car so that says I must like it. I could definitely feel a night and day difference in the way my car ran during normal driving. So for the money, yea, a good mod.

Lets put it this way. It does about the same thing as those $500 billit throttle bodies do.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I tried one on my car for about two hours, didn't really notice any differnce. May be that my custom tune is differnt than others. Some people are saying 2-3 mpg increase. If anyone is interested I will sell mine at a good deal. Like new in in the orig. package. Just PM me.

JLH

1 - 4 of 4 Posts