Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes im a n00b. I cant find any differences in the 2005 and 2996 models, however small it may be. If anyone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated. Any ways to tell form the outside would help too(the older mustangs had the right tail light number ending in the year) Thank you

·
Registered
65 Posts
Wanna Stang said:
Yes im a n00b. I cant find any differences in the 2005 and 2996 models, however small it may be. If anyone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated. Any ways to tell form the outside would help too(the older mustangs had the right tail light number ending in the year) Thank you
2005 and 2006 models are the same. The V6 has now got a pony package for '06. As far as the GT, the only difference is the 18" wheel option as far as I know. Can anyone else back me up on this?

·
Registered
369 Posts
They got rid of the mineral grey and replaced it with tungsten and got rid of the 'royal' blue for a very close vista blue. I think the 06 also has some mud flaps underneath around the middle of the car.

Then you won't have to maybe deal with the strut popping or the gas fill or the hood flex problems I would say with the 06. Just the working out the bugs type stuff.

There could be more that I don't know either, hope I helped ;o)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Osiris said:
They got rid of the mineral grey and replaced it with tungsten and got rid of the 'royal' blue for a very close vista blue. I think the 06 also has some mud flaps underneath around the middle of the car.

Then you won't have to maybe deal with the strut popping or the gas fill or the hood flex problems I would say with the 06. Just the working out the bugs type stuff.

There could be more that I don't know either, hope I helped ;o)
Wrong thread, I was just reading the one your repling to

·
Registered
167 Posts
well, the 06 has as well a Tire Pressure Monitor System and the option to have 18 inches wheels (two types, fanblades and bullitts), just thought I would mention it as everyone else seems to have forgotten about these things...

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
The '06 was said to come with the tire pressure monitoring system, but it doesn't. Myself and a few others here with the '06 did not get a tpms.

·
Registered
44 Posts
They are just starting to offer a dark IUP.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Waxed'05 GT said:
The '06 was said to come with the tire pressure monitoring system, but it doesn't. Myself and a few others here with the '06 did not get a tpms.
/Me looks around.......

·
Registered
237 Posts
Waxed'05 GT said:
My 06' didn't come with the tpms either.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Waxed'05 GT said:
Holy crap ! Does anyone know then why Ford said all 06 Mustangs would have it and at the end it's not there ?

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
pending lawsuits, and a set standard as to when it should alert the driver.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I think the 06 also has some mud flaps underneath around the middle of the car.

Hmmm, I have those flapper thingy's :rolleyes: Mine was built 05/05

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
The 18" wheel is now a option, If you get the 18" wheel option, the suspension is "tuned" for them.
The IUP dashboard has a bronze color option along with the aluminum.

·
Registered
124 Posts
the v6 16 inch wheels are a little different, the 06 are shiney silver and the 05 are greyer they changed the deluxe wheels tobe the same as the premium wheels except you pay $50 for the spinners. in 05 the deluxe were painted not polished and you paid $150 more for the premium wheel option

·
Registered
124 Posts
on the v6 premium package you can upgrade to 17 bullet wheels which are included with the pony package along with spoiler and stripe and gt type suspension and traction control and pony markings and fog light grille

·
Registered
106 Posts
Well since I had the terrible experience of losing my 05 due to a driver not yielding and the wonderful experience of being able to replace it with and 06, I noticed that the hood is heavier and does not flap like a plastic bag when going down the road.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
I did notice no hood flap on the 06 up to 140 mph.

·
Registered
255 Posts
No hood flapping on my '05.
And yes, the "mud flaps" under the car have been there since pre-production. There was a big discussion back then concerning what they were. No one's figured it out yet.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts