Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did not get the IUP in my 06 GT, and am really missing the Oil pressure and Volt gauges. I have spotted a guage pod at Sean Hyland Motorsports website for the A-Pillar trim, and was wondering if anyone has installed one yet? I know that I could just upgrade the instrument cluster to the IUP version (I do have the harness connection), but this $63 pod trumps the cluster upgrade's price of around $700 . Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
68 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Convertible?

So, my question is will an A-Piller pod work with the convertible? I assume it would; but I'd hate to order one and find out too late. Anyone installed one on a 'vert?

edit:...after viewing the SOS installation video, I see that the "Pillars" are all the way back on the hardtops and obviously will not work on the convertible. Anyone seen A-Piller pod guage kits for the convertible?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks thumprr. I like the SOS pod, and that is probably the way I will be going now.

I have reservations about the accuracy of the fatcory gauges as well. I used to be a Ford mechanic, and remember several years ago when after many complaints about oil pressures gauges bouncing, Ford redesigned the oil pressure, so that it is really just a reverse idiot light. Gauges reads mid range anytime pressure above 7 psi.

·
Registered
897 Posts
KiLLeR_WoMBaT said:
So, my question is will an A-Piller pod work with the convertible? I assume it would; but I'd hate to order one and find out too late. Anyone installed one on a 'vert?

edit:...after viewing the SOS installation video, I see that the "Pillars" are all the way back on the hardtops and obviously will not work on the convertible. Anyone seen A-Piller pod guage kits for the convertible?
Look again there's one on a cobra vert

·
Registered
394 Posts
thump_rrr said:
Look again there's one on a cobra vert
But not an 05. :sosad:

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
The A-pilar from AutoMeter just attaches to (on top of) the stock pillar and I think that they should be the same between the vert and the coupe? If they're the same width, and angle down at the dash, the lenght can easily be corrected...

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm kind of an idiot when it comes to wiring and mechanics. So how hard would it be to hook up an oil pressure gauge, voltage and water temp. gauge? Or about how much would it cost for me to take it somewhere to get it done?

·
Registered
9 Posts
KiLLeR_WoMBaT said:
But not an 05. :sosad:
Hey guys, it's Alan from Speed of Sound.

The vert pillar for the 05 is definitely not the same as the coupe model. We're working towards releasing the vert version ASAP, as it's our highest priority now that the coupe version is done.

Timelines for release aren't solid yet, but I am going to push hard for this to be ready before Christmas.

Any questions, just ask away or email me through my site.

Alan :)

·
Registered
394 Posts
Great! And welcome, Alan...

speedofsound said:
Hey guys, it's Alan from Speed of Sound.

The vert pillar for the 05 is definitely not the same as the coupe model. We're working towards releasing the vert version ASAP, as it's our highest priority now that the coupe version is done.

Timelines for release aren't solid yet, but I am going to push hard for this to be ready before Christmas.

Any questions, just ask away or email me through my site.

Alan :)
Alan,
Thanks for chiming in! And welcome to the boards. Keep us posted on the progress of the Vert pillar. I don't have the IUP so no "extra" gauges in the dash and would love to add some up there on the pillar. Will the pods work on both the V6 and the GT?

·
Registered
9 Posts
KiLLeR_WoMBaT said:
Alan,
Thanks for chiming in! And welcome to the boards. Will the pods work on both the V6 and the GT?
Thanks for the welcome. I guess I had registered a while back, but never posted here before. I watch my site traffic closely, and often follow links back to their source (this discussion, for example).

With the coupe, there is no diff. between V-6 and GT in the pillar, so my guess is the same with the vert.

Looks like you'll have to remove the visor to put the vert pillar in. It's a strange looking part. I'll do the whole pics/video installation thing on my site when it's time to release it, just like with the coupe.

Alan

·
Registered
897 Posts
speedofsound said:
Thanks for the welcome. I guess I had registered a while back, but never posted here before. I watch my site traffic closely, and often follow links back to their source (this discussion, for example).

With the coupe, there is no diff. between V-6 and GT in the pillar, so my guess is the same with the vert.

Looks like you'll have to remove the visor to put the vert pillar in. It's a strange looking part. I'll do the whole pics/video installation thing on my site when it's time to release it, just like with the coupe.

Alan
Hi ALan,

I was speaking to my parts guy and his only concern was if the gauge pod would vibrate
in certain conditions such as drag racing or on cars with firmer motor mounts.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I went with the cheap things from ebay, I think it's glowshift, I got the a/f, boost and oil pres, about to change that last one to a fuel pressure... They aren't bad looking for whatcha pay.... They are the tinted ones.

Attachments

·
Registered
352 Posts
tach spot

Anyone find a good spot to mount a tach and **** light.. with out drilling
in to the dash.. ect..

looking for a nice clean install...

I know sos make the pods with the raptor shift light set up ..
but looking to put in a cobalt tach and light ...

thank for the help
you all rock..

·
Registered
9 Posts
thump_rrr said:
Hi ALan,

I was speaking to my parts guy and his only concern was if the gauge pod would vibrate
in certain conditions such as drag racing or on cars with firmer motor mounts.
That's a good question. Vibration hasn't been an issue with these parts. To date, I know they've been proven solid on quarter mile passes of 9.65 @ 143 with a 1.40 short time! Solid motor mounts in that car, a TT 03 Cobra. I know they are on several 9 second cars, but I don't know if they've been faster than that. Chances are no, as most cars faster than that don't have much of the interior trim left.

Wish I had a good suggestions for a tach mount, savagess. Haven't seen that yet in the 05, other than some SEMA pics with them bolted in various spots on the dash.

·
Registered
110 Posts
savagess said:
Anyone find a good spot to mount a tach and **** light.. with out drilling
in to the dash.. ect..

looking for a nice clean install...

I know sos make the pods with the raptor shift light set up ..
but looking to put in a cobalt tach and light ...

thank for the help
you all rock..
If you check my first picture there you can see where I mounted mine. No drilling required. It's the Raptor shift light, I got the chrome with red LED's... It's so easy to hook up and works great!!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts