Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
What is your thought of the Powerdyne SC Kit?

It makes 399 HP @ 8 PSI.

I have a few for sale as they come avail...

[Edited/posted by KJ. He is not a throll and will be here to talk about the product...]

·
Registered
333 Posts
How do you know it is the best bang for the buck?..First post huh?..How much is it, how hard to install?..how does it compare to the other kits that are already on the market for a year+....I see you are in lancaster where powerdyne is located...Are you powerdyne?...I didn't know they were still in business.

·
Registered
160 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
886 Posts
MODERATOR!!! Paging the MODERATOR!!!

Site agreement? No direct advertising????!!!!!

·
Registered
829 Posts
Well then... I have an extra Powerdyne unit for a Dodge just sitting here..so all I need to get is the brackets and a few pipes then? How about it Coppertop..you commin' back to answer?

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
KB kits are making more power. :laughlitt

What a tool

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Coppertop did not read the AUP before posting, he will follow the rules from now... :rolleyes:

Me too want to know more about the kit:
Is there a link to pictures of it installed?
Why 'only' 399 @ 8 PSI? FW or RW HP?
Not cooled I assume?
Installation work load?
Cost?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
The 399hp is to the rear wheels. Keep in mind that these cars stock make 270hp to the wheels, that 130hp gain with no other modifications to the car. The cost of the kit is $3500. Installation time is about 5-6hrs. The kit doesnt have a cooler, but with the internally beltdriven blower, the heat that the blower produces is significantly reduced. Any questions email me.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Any pictures of the installation?

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Looks very similar to the uncooled Paxton, ProCharger, Vortech...

I see that car has the Ford Cobra 39 pounders, are those included? What other fuel upgrades are needed and/or included? Tune/Tuner?

·
Registered
161 Posts
they also got a kit for the V6.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
kj_cinci said:
Looks very similar to the uncooled Paxton, ProCharger, Vortech...

I see that car has the Ford Cobra 39 pounders, are those included? What other fuel upgrades are needed and/or included? Tune/Tuner?
YEa, what about a tuner?

What does internally Belt Driven mean? I hope that there are nto belts inside... arent there suposed to be mesh gears?

Also.. that Flex pipe should be revised before going to market... makes it look cheap.

Sorry about the Tool comment, but seriously... first post trying to sell something :sterb:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The kit comes with injectors (39lbs), SCT or Diablo tuner and fue pump. The flex pipe is being revised in hard plastic. The kits will ship with a hard plastic inlet tube. By the way, mesh gears create heat, which causes the inlet air temps to be high, not so good!

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
So tell us about the gearing? Pictures?

What regulates the fuel preassure?

·
Registered
897 Posts
coppertop said:
The kit doesnt have a cooler, but with the internally beltdriven blower, the heat that the blower produces is significantly reduced. Any questions email me.
Please clarify the above statement. I think I know what you really meant to say but I don't want to put words in your mouth.

Why should someone chose your blower over a Paxton, Procharger, or Vortech?

Does the system use a self contained lubrication system or is engine oil used to cool it?

As for email, people on this board prefer to have questions answered in an open forum for all to see.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
coppertop said:
The kit comes with injectors (39lbs), SCT or Diablo tuner and fue pump. The flex pipe is being revised in hard plastic. The kits will ship with a hard plastic inlet tube. By the way, mesh gears create heat, which causes the inlet air temps to be high, not so good!
Belts slip and wear out quciker than gears. A properly lubricated set of mesh gears that are installed properly will never wear out.

Does this kit come with a wartranty on the parts?

·
Registered
333 Posts
If I remember correctly the powerdyne kits come with an internal "COG" belt inside the blower and is a sealed lubrication system.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
There is no gearing in the unit. It has 2 cog pulleys inside one big one small. No gears, no heat! The fuel pessure is regulated by the tuner, but actualy remains constant, what you comand in the tuner is what it will stay at. The unit has internal lubrication, no tapping the oil pan, no hot engine oil running through the blower.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
The air will still "heat up" it's basic physics...

There may be less "heat transfer" from the unit itself, but the main concern of heat is due to the increase in air flow.

Is my logic way off???

1 - 20 of 43 Posts