Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So who else likes whipping donuts in the 05 occasionally ?

Was driving down a very deserted 4 lane road at night. My wife's almost asleep with the passenger seat laid back. I was in the mood for a little horse play. I coasted to a stop, turned the TCS off, and then gunned it with the wheel cranked all the way to the side. The tires start screaming, the cars whipping around in a tight donut, and I'm screaming at the top of my lungs "We're all going to die!!"

My poor wife wakes up clutching her seat belt, eyes as big as saucers, and she's still laid back in her seat far enough she can't see the road. I kept up the donuts till I couldn't handle it anymore and just started laughing.

Which was all fun and games until she realized we'd never been in any danger and I was laughing like a mad man. She then hauled off and gave me a nice fat bruise to remind me never to do that again.

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
Vandil said:
So who else likes whipping donuts in the 05 occasionally ?

Was driving down a very deserted 4 lane road at night. My wife's almost asleep with the passenger seat laid back. I was in the mood for a little horse play. I coasted to a stop, turned the TCS off, and then gunned it with the wheel cranked all the way to the side. The tires start screaming, the cars whipping around in a tight donut, and I'm screaming at the top of my lungs "We're all going to die!!"

My poor wife wakes up clutching her seat belt, eyes as big as saucers, and she's still laid back in her seat far enough she can't see the road. I kept up the donuts till I couldn't handle it anymore and just started laughing.

Which was all fun and games until she realized we'd never been in any danger and I was laughing like a mad man. She then hauled off and gave me a nice fat bruise to remind me never to do that again.
I am surprised you are still alive :kooky:

·
Registered
886 Posts
I second that thought! Even if my wife wasn't asleep and saw it coming, she'd still beat me to death!

you are a BRAVE man!:worship

·
Registered
69 Posts
I'm all for loving your spouse ... but I think I prefer the benefits of having a mate actually love you back ... but thanks for the friday smile ... great story!!!

and tell these other guys that men cannot get beat up by women ... geez ... you guys buy all this muscle in your car and forget to flex a little at home ... jk!!!

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We enjoy alot of playfull hijinx in our relationship, don't worry all was forgiven.

She deserved an oscar for her performance in " I accidentally dropped the step ladder on your hood" revenge joke she played on me 3 days later. :winks

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Hahaha. revenge is sweet.

·
Registered
30 Posts
that is mint! LOL

·
Registered
122 Posts
You've done that too!!!
I did that with my girlfriend in the car and and she grabbed the e-brake. i had whiplash for days.

·
Registered
350 Posts
O.k, while we are on the topic...when doing donuts, does anyone else experience this?

I have an auto(Should not matter) I am in a wide parking lot, which could be paved,concrete..it happens on both....
I stop crank the wheel to the right or left and get the tires spinning and then let off the brake. the car will not spin...It wants to go in a straight line. even when the wheel is turned, now the real annoying part is the vibrations,and noise from the tires "hopping" since they are not really rolling, but sliding.
I've tried doing a donut from a slow start and still nothing, I have done tons of donuts in my time, but i can't get this car to spin.
Is it the Nero Zero tires?
Anyone else with this prob????:mad:

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
05LegendLime said:
O.k, while we are on the topic...when doing donuts, does anyone else experience this?

I have an auto(Should not matter) I am in a wide parking lot, which could be paved,concrete..it happens on both....
I stop crank the wheel to the right or left and get the tires spinning and then let off the brake. the car will not spin...It wants to go in a straight line. even when the wheel is turned, now the real annoying part is the vibrations,and noise from the tires "hopping" since they are not really rolling, but sliding.
I've tried doing a donut from a slow start and still nothing, I have done tons of donuts in my time, but i can't get this car to spin.
Is it the Nero Zero tires?
Anyone else with this prob????:mad:
You shut the TCS off right ? I never use the brakes.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
TCS would be the only thing that would stop that car from doing donuts.

·
Registered
120 Posts
LOL! A friend of mine did that to a bunch of us coming back from a skiiing trip many years back, except we were driving behind a 18-wheeler tractor that was being towed backwards by another one. We were all asleep, and when the driver screamed and stomped the brakes, we woke up and all we saw was that big ass tractor seeming like it was bearing down on us head-on! We kicked his ass pretty good over that one.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Yeah, someone that did the same thing actually video taped it. I think maybe on AMericas funniest videos or something. Funny Chit

·
Registered
350 Posts
The TCS was off. The first thing I do even on a rainy day is shut that crap off. Spin the tires any chance I can in my opinion.
I only hold the brake for a second to get the tires spinning. if I don't, I will be doing a donut at 15-20 miles an hour when I get into the turn and then the vibrations are too excessive. I like to do the stationary donuts.(spinning in one main area continuously)
Traditionally, I go clockwise. Do you guys have any better luck in one direction or the other?
Clockwise is just more natural to control as you can lean on the door assuming it is locked....... so you don't fly around the inside compartment. The passenger is on their own.......

·
Registered
350 Posts
Stoenr....

where abouts in Oak Forest do you live? I grew up in Midlothian. I moved in 1993, but my brother still lives in Oak Forest around 156th Laramie.
I know quite a few people from O.F.
Small world.......

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
hehe cool. PM dont wanna hijack the Donut Thread.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Hehe..you can have fun with a sleeping passenger if you are on the highway, just close your right eye and tilt your head to the left, start weaving the car violently to the left and to the right, they wake up and think your either dead or asleep at highway speed:shocked: . The emergency run off ramps for trucks with failed brakes are also fun, hit on of those at speed and just start screaming, freaks em right out:gringreen . For around town I like doing bunny hops while my squeeze is putting on her lipstick:heha: .

·
Registered
171 Posts
drbino said:
LOL! A friend of mine did that to a bunch of us coming back from a skiiing trip many years back, except we were driving behind a 18-wheeler tractor that was being towed backwards by another one. We were all asleep, and when the driver screamed and stomped the brakes, we woke up and all we saw was that big ass tractor seeming like it was bearing down on us head-on! We kicked his ass pretty good over that one.
:evilchuck

oh if i ever...ever get the chance...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts