Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After I installed a BBK cold air induction, and a BBk 62mm throttle body my engine light came on. How do I get the light to go off? Car will not pass NY state inspection due to the engine light on condition.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey my light went on after I installed my bbk throttel body as well. make sure you tps voltage is the same as the stock unit and your happy with the idle. I had to play with mine and adjusted the voltage to 1.30. my stock one was 1.26. your car will rev a little on start up but will level off. Drive your car and the light shoul go off after around 50 miles or so

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for your responses to my problem. I live near Watertown, NY. Is this something my Ford dealer can do or is there someone near Rochester that you could recommend that could do the necessary changes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
did you get the install sheet with the throttel body? it explanes how to adjust the tps. I have mine I could send it to you via e=mail. my e-mail is [email protected]. you will need a digital volt meter. I'll include some tips on what to actually do if you like

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
you're still going to need someone familiar with CAI's and S197 tunes to re-tune your car due to the CAI. It has changed the air/fuel mixture and you need to get that corrected immediately.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sounds like I need to order an electronic tuner to reset my engine's computer. Can anyone recommend one?

Thank you

·
Registered
12,666 Posts
The BBK CAI and TB are supposedly designed to work with the 05 S197 GT's stock tune.
some people get away with one or the other, never both. Call up brenspeed.com and tell them your mods and they will get a tuner with tunes sent out to you and your codes will be gone and your car will run better than ever

·
Premium Member
1,910 Posts
When we typically get these types of phone calls (without having the actual CEL code), then I would expect one of the two. The TPS voltage is either out of range, or the BBK CAI has caused a lean condition and you are getting a check engine light for that (this happens a lot with the BBK). Yes, the CAI is a non tune required intake, but it actually has a little larger MAF diameter than stock and can cause a lean condition. We highly recommend running a tuner with this setup. Please dont hesitate to give us a call if you have any questions. I fully assure you that we can get you taken care of. Our phone number is 574.594.9559.

Thanks!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts