Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Its the need for and the availability of higher octane which decreases in high altitude areas. I have had my Chris Rose (tillman) tune up to 9000 feet with zero issues. I wouldn't worry about it. Pick the tune which matches your expected driving style.

·
Registered
96 Posts
You'll actually be at 14,110 feet. I've had my 'Stang, with a bama race tune, to the top of Mt. Evans, 14,133 feet. No worries.

Just make sure you stay in a lower gear on the way down, so you don't cook your brakes.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
While the adaptive learning will make adjustments.The car will react to its altitude,air fuel ratio is what is important, and not taken into consideration by some tuners. I am at 6500 feet above sea level and my car ran fine,but the air fuel ratio had to be adjusted. I can tell you that you will be fine at the high altitude with the tune you have now. If you have a Air fuel wide band that would be ideal. The thing is that at high altitudes octane is 91 up here for the most part that is all that is sold; as far as the highest pump gas. Do you have a 91 octane tune? Some food for thought.;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts