Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any one hear this in there GT manuals. It almost sounds like an exhaust leak noise or something knocking in the trans case. I allready have the front strut bearing noise in it when turning and going over bumps. anyway just curious if this is a noise that is normal to the car or if I should have the dealer look into it. car has less than 1000 miles on it.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
If the knocking noise happens when you either release the clutch pedal, or when your release or depress the accelerator pedal, then that's what is called 'drivetrain lash', and it's normal for these vehicles.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry, I wasn't more specific. It happens on light to moderate accell after the clutch has been released. the noise dissappers in 5th entirely.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I suffer the same issue too occasionally..Also happend to me with my 93 back in the same..Typical drivetrain/tranny talk on the mustangs.No big deal

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hey, GearTech, I see you mentioned the strut bearing noise. Do you know if that is common. I posted a thread but, no has responded. I had my passenger side strut bearing replaced by the dealer and the noise is coming back. Sorry for changing the subject in your thread.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I havent had them replaced by the dealer yet, but I have hooked up a set of chassis ears to the front strut mount/bearing asym and that is the noise. Mine is now doiong it from both sides. also I fixed about 90% of the knocking noise by repositing the trans rear mount and rear cross member asym and allowing it to settle in it's own position. I'll let you know more on the strut noise after I get it to the dealer for repair
thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts