Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Has anyone else found that their clutch pedal makes a loud clicking sound when the pedal is depressed? If so, what is causing it because Ford keeps telling me that all the 05's are doing it...some how that doesn't make me feel any better....:shrug

Cheers,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
147 Posts
05Mustang_in_BC said:
Hey all,

Has anyone else found that their clutch pedal makes a loud clicking sound when the pedal is depressed? If so, what is causing it because Ford keeps telling me that all the 05's are doing it...some how that doesn't make me feel any better....:shrug

Cheers,
Hey dude, are you in the lower mainland? I'm right across the border from ya, I work about 1/2 mile from the peace arch crossing. Looking forward to cruisin' my stang on Marine Drive in White Rock when it warms up - lots of chicks walkin' back and forth there-hehe ;)

Mine has the same click, and it's the clutch safety switch to ensure that your car does not start if the clutch is not engaged. I looked at it, just use your hand to depress the clutch and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Cheers!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Man,

Yeah, I'm in Port Moody which is basically 30 minutes from Vancouver AND White Rock and YES I know what you mean about lookin' forward to cruisin the strip in White Rock this Summer! Some real eye candy!

You think that clutch thing is normal or some kinda factory default? (This is my first Mustang so I don't know)

I also got the Shaker 1000 and unfortunately I've had it replaced TWICE already. First the CD player stopped working and then the lights for the buttons wouldn't come on. Hopefully this is it for my Mustang problems cause other than that the car f-ing rules.:thumbsup

Have a good one....

05 GT Mustang, Mineral Grey
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
147 Posts
Right on, haven't been to Port Moody, but have been to PoCo and Pitt Meadows... used to date a couple gals from Langley, but being across the border makes it a bit tough-but not too bad that I would turn around at the border http://www.allfordmustang.com/forums/images/smilies/smoke.gif Yeah WR is the bomb in the summertime, I'm 20 min away and Bellingham has nothing remotely close to the jackpot you can find therehttp://www.allfordmustang.com/forums/images/smilies/drool.gif

Surrey is a diff story, my truck got stolen there http://www.allfordmustang.com/forums/images/smilies/SHOCKED.gif and no way in h#ll I'd leave my stang parked there if I wasn't in it!

I think the clutch thing is normal. I was a bit annoyed at first but have totally gotten used to it by now. Maybe pack some grease into that clutch switch to mute the sound? This is also my first Stang as well, got it after my truck got jacked. The shaker stereo is lousy (well, at least the CD changer), I get tons of bad disk errors and skips. Apparently Delphi manufactures it, not Ford. Hopefully there's a recall soon. How long did it take the dealer to take out the Shaker and replace it with a new one?

Take it easy

05Mustang_in_BC said:
Hey Man,

Yeah, I'm in Port Moody which is basically 30 minutes from Vancouver AND White Rock and YES I know what you mean about lookin' forward to cruisin the strip in White Rock this Summer! Some real eye candy!

You think that clutch thing is normal or some kinda factory default? (This is my first Mustang so I don't know)

I also got the Shaker 1000 and unfortunately I've had it replaced TWICE already. First the CD player stopped working and then the lights for the buttons wouldn't come on. Hopefully this is it for my Mustang problems cause other than that the car f-ing rules.:thumbsup

Have a good one....

05 GT Mustang, Mineral Grey
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I grew up in Pitt Meadows! Small world.
I think Surrey is the car jack capital of North America...or at least it was one year. I avoid that area at all costs man. Crappy about your truck. At least you didn't total yours like I did to mine....oh well, it gave me a good excuse to go out and get the new Mustang.

The thing about Ford replacing the stereo is that they say you have to come in for them to "diagnose" it before they'll even order you a new one so basically it only took about a week from the time they order it but unfortunately I had to drive around for two weeks before I could get the original appointment for diagnosis. I'm taking it in again tomorrow so the Ford geniuses can "diagnose" my stereo again and tell me..."yeah, the button lights definitely aint workin".....no sh*t.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
597 Posts
Whenever the radio unit is replaced the tech has too perform a module replacement procedure. The audio unit has to be programmed to function correctly, this is because the audio unit communicates with other modules in the vehicle. This his how the speed voulume adjustment functions. Probably what is happening is the audio unit isn't "talking" to the module that controls the dimmer function. Since they already removed the other audio unit they probably have to get "As Built" data from Ford.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Shouldn't the radio come pre-programmed from the factory? According to the tech I spoke with there are only 2 connections from the radio to the car, 1 for the power and 1 for the antenna.
So if the new one they're installing later this month doesn't function properly I should inquire about the local guys programming the unit?

Cheers,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
597 Posts
05Mustang_in_BC said:
Shouldn't the radio come pre-programmed from the factory? According to the tech I spoke with there are only 2 connections from the radio to the car, 1 for the power and 1 for the antenna.
So if the new one they're installing later this month doesn't function properly I should inquire about the local guys programming the unit?

Cheers,
He's a idiot, there are a boat load of more connections into the audio unit. Before they replace the unit in your Mustang they should download Module Configuration onto the WDS. They should have a unit preorder (its called "direct exchange") and before they put the new one in they will have the old settings saved. So when they put the new one in they can download the information back into the new unit. I didn't know about this until I was told our factory service rep.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top