Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ritalin version:
never got to actually race. Liscense plates read SU U L8R, so probably a lawyer.

Full version:
MMOB leaving the arts district in down town Dallas and in front of me is a black Ferrari Testarossa with vanity plates that read SU U L8R. Wife notices me rubbing the gear shift. Going south on 35E and there is really to much traffic to act like an ass, so I drive behind him waiting for an opportunity. keep driving South and I finally inch up beside him two lanes to his left. to many cars in front of me, but at least he knows I am there. He punches it for a short burst of acceleration and as I watch him pull it seems it pulls about as hard as our GT. so, now I am really interested. FINALLY, the traffic clears up enough and i am right on his left side. Gear down to 3rd and bump the throttle a little. he doesn't react. So, maybe he needs to see me pull to see I am worth the extra gas. Nope. he doesn't want to go anymore.
it's over. he gets off on 67 South, and i make a U-turn in Oak Cliff. a very very quick u-turn and head back to the safety of home.

I have heard and read the Testarossa isn't all that fast. anyone agree or disagree that would have been a kill for the Stang?

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
If it was a 512TR then they are pretty fast. The regular one are a good match for your stang. That Ferrari has got to be one of the sexiest cars ever made. :worship

·
Registered
701 Posts
The 512 TR (TR stands for Testa Rossa) is pretty fast:

If you have a nice S/C setup and good tires on your Stang, you might take it from a stop. from a rolling start? gonna be tough...

SPECS: 1991, 512 TR
0-60 mph: 4.7 sec.
1/4 mile: mid 12's
Engine: 48 valve, flat 12 cyl., 5 L displacement
Rated at: 428HP
Weight 3340 lbs
Top speed: 196 mph!

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dollarbill said:
If it was a 512TR then they are pretty fast. The regular one are a good match for your stang. That Ferrari has got to be one of the sexiest cars ever made. :worship
you sure said something there. even the name sounds sexy...

Testarossa...
Testarossa...

jeez, now I need to go get me some pasta since Ferrari boy wouldn't give me any last night.

·
Registered
85 Posts
You know, that Ferrari driver probably gets challenged by mustangs every time he drives it.

Much the same as a Mustang driver getting challenged by rice...............?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Testarossa = Red Head...refers to the color of the valve covers(red, of course). 512TR is probably one of my favorite cars.

Oh, and chances are that at any speed above 90mph he would have walked you, top end charge is always a strong suit of those kind of cars.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I dont post on here much but this is kinda a similar story to one of mine. My father drives a 2003 SL500 AMG thats pertty quick. I was telling him about some of the ricers at the track that are pulling down 11's and 12's all day. He says yea that quick for a 4cyl but at the end of the day your status has not changed you still have a POS honda!!

I guess its the same for other rich people in cars like the TR, but I like to know that my 5.0 that I bought from my step dad ( orig. owner from 91 ) for 3500 and put less then 3,000 into will smoke a 80,000 dollar SL500. Yea he may look better in a high dollar car but I will get there faster!!:worship

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
2_slow_5.0 said:
I dont post on here much but this is kinda a similar story to one of mine. My father drives a 2003 SL500 AMG thats pertty quick. I was telling him about some of the ricers at the track that are pulling down 11's and 12's all day. He says yea that quick for a 4cyl but at the end of the day your status has not changed you still have a POS honda!!

I guess its the same for other rich people in cars like the TR, but I like to know that my 5.0 that I bought from my step dad ( orig. owner from 91 ) for 3500 and put less then 3,000 into will smoke a 80,000 dollar SL500. Yea he may look better in a high dollar car but I will get there faster!!:worship
That my friend is a choice. DO you rely on a Name Plate for status or Cut Scrapes, busted knuckels, grease and sweat for your pride.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Kyle F said:
That my friend is a choice. DO you rely on a Name Plate for status or Cut Scrapes, busted knuckels, grease and sweat for your pride.
If it ain't worth working for (blood, sweat and tears - plenty of!), it ain't worth havin' in my book!

·
Registered
10 Posts
fordgrl99 said:
If it ain't worth working for (blood, sweat and tears - plenty of!), it ain't worth havin' in my book!
I hear all of you! Anyone can go buy a car but not everyone can build one! My father raced my entire life but now does not have the time nor the place to do it anymore. He still enjoys helping me even though I have fords. He had 2 67 camaro's when I was growing up. His face was priceless when I pulled up in the stang!! He is still to this day tring to get me to put a chevy motor in it. Will never happen but its funny listing to him try!

Never the less I am happy and thats all that matters IMO

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.