Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the definative answer from FORD.

Thank you for contacting the Ford Motor Company Customer Relationship Center, inquiring about the leather vs. vinyl on the seats of your 2005 Ford Mustang.We apologize for the delay in replying back to you on this inquiry. We have been experiencing a high volume of research requests, recently. We have researched your inquiry and the following is the result of our research: The seating surface area of the front seats, i.e. inserts and bolsters, are all leather. The sides and back of the seats and the head restraint are vinyl. The rear seats are all vinyl. We consider the satisfaction of our customers one of our most important objectives. If you have any other inquiries or concerns, please feel free to contact us and we will be happy to address them for you. End of story

·
Registered
55 Posts
Good to finally have an end to the debate.

Now I wonder if I should be paying the extra money for the leather conditioner wipes for my seats....

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cu3885 said:
Good to finally have an end to the debate.

Now I wonder if I should be paying the extra money for the leather conditioner wipes for my seats....
You still have leather.
Use it where you should.

·
Registered
255 Posts
This has been well known for a long time. (as was stated in the old thread about this) It's the same as last year's model. And the year before that, and the year before that, and...

·
Registered
176 Posts
The vinyl still looks damn good though..it coulda been worse..:rolleyes:

·
Registered
29 Posts
well when i bought mine i paid for red "leather" and they couldnt find black on red gt so came a cloth one and i worked out my dealer to pay for leather seats at vancouver company,only company in canada ive heard or at least British colombia..anyways i end up getiing black with blood red middles and leather came from europe and is a higher grade then fords,so i guess it worked out after hassle and its all leather and custom.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Most 'leather' seats in American cars only have real leather in the seating area. It's been this way for quite some time.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Well known and was pointed out to me again by the sales person before I ordered. Keeps the cost down and the back seat is basically unusable anyway.

Dave
www.sunnyfortuna.com

·
Registered
478 Posts
I had a 04 F150 Lariat Supercrew and the backseats where vinyl as well, its their way of cutting costs. The Mustang I don't mind but the Supercrew I thouhgt should have leather thru out, it was almost the same as a 4 door luxury car.

GM does the same thing. I had a 01 Silverado LT which had leather front seats and vinyl in the back

·
Registered
478 Posts
Dea. R&E said:
Are we actually getting what we paid for? Would "full" leather cost more?

Who knows. I just wish they were more forthcoming saying what was leather and what isn't. My sticker says "leather trimmed sport seats" not very descriptive

·
Registered
120 Posts
Ya know, far be it for someone to have a legitimate grievance with something. I've never had a car with leather seats- too damn poor for the 16 years that I've been driving. I guess I'm just ignorant to the whole thing, but I also imagined all the seats would be leather.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
eurostyle said:
The leather option is $ 695.00 and I think, for only 6 sq.ft. of leather that is a big rip-off.
Ya, for $695.00 I could get a fine leather jacket and just sit in my seat. Nothing like the smell of fine leather :gringreen

·
Registered
435 Posts
Well, that $695 wasn't just the leather, it was also the difference in cost of the vinyl and the origional cloth seats. Overal, I think they used good quality vinyl, and I've heard it'll last longer than the leather will!:drink:

·
Registered
886 Posts
anytime you see leather trimmed, you know this is what you're getting.

so, the upshot is that I should use leather care on the seating surfaces and good old vinyl protectant on the backs and back seats, right? Fine by me, I don't have to worry quite so much about the red fading out as quickly on the rear headrests.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts