pcfrisch said:
Strange looking flames
Thanks.............. I think????????????????:confused:

·
Registered
37 Posts
mustangbaxter said:
have a look, tell me what ya think.
I love the color combination, but the flames.....well, they don't look like flames! Sorry.....not trying to be a jerk.......

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no worries, and non taken, if I dont like it after a few months, I'll just repaint it....

·
Registered
25 Posts
mustangbaxter said:
have a look, tell me what ya think.
The rather subtle color variation makes it work... Nice way to make your ride original... Gotta give it a 9.6 !!!!

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
martimus said:
I think he means that they look somewhat odd rounded like that. The ghost effect looks very cool however!! :eyepoppin
Yup, I think pointy flames would be perfect. Just my 2c.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Never seen a flame job like that, looks really great! :worship

·
Registered
886 Posts
Too cool bax! I did a set of flames like that in vinyl for a kid with a chevy truck a while back. We started with the classic Chevelle style rallys and had them break up into kind of tribal-looking flames. I really like the ghost effect and fade out on the side stripes. Absolutely killer (and much nicer than the vinyl).

what's the size & spacing on the eleading edge of the stripes? I'm planning that same type of stripe in mine in the near future, but will run it front to back.

·
Registered
708 Posts
I like the color and ghosting effect but I'm not a fan of how the flames start way up the hood and are borderd by the stripes like that. Just not my cup of tea.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ultraclyde said:
what's the size & spacing on the eleading edge of the stripes? I'm planning that same type of stripe in mine in the near future, but will run it front to back.
As for width, I centered the 1 " space to be centered to the bulb in the fog light. 2 " stripe on each outside, and solid in the center... not sure the accuall width of the center stripe though. Tim

·
Registered
24 Posts
I think alot of you guys are actually looking at it the wrong way. The flames are the darker portion. The lighter area at the top of the hood (rounded flames) are not the flames thats the actuall color of the car. The flames are part of the strip the comes up the hood from the front of the car. Looks really good to me. The slight color difference Is whats causing the confusion i believe.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Hmmm...Looks good that way. I was thinking about doing it so the outside edge of the thin stripe falls at the inside edge of the foglights. Makes for a much narrower stripe than yours. Could I beg for a full front-on shot of the car? At your convenience, of course.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
708 Posts
Rizzen said:
I think alot of you guys are actually looking at it the wrong way. The flames are the darker portion. The lighter area at the top of the hood (rounded flames) are not the flames thats the actuall color of the car. The flames are part of the strip the comes up the hood from the front of the car. Looks really good to me. The slight color difference Is whats causing the confusion i believe.
Well they do start a good ways up the hood, being part of the center stripe and all. Specially when compared to flames that start at almost the hood edge like this one.

Attachments

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ultraclyde said:
Hmmm...Looks good that way. I was thinking about doing it so the outside edge of the thin stripe falls at the inside edge of the foglights. Makes for a much narrower stripe than yours. Could I beg for a full front-on shot of the car? At your convenience, of course.:rolleyes:
Sure, since I got layed off yesterday, I have nothing but time.... let me back it out and into the sun...:laughlitt

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
OK well pictures really dont do the pearl justice, but here they are.

Attachments

·
Registered
260 Posts
Abso-FRIKKIN-Lutely BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!

Flames come in all shapes and sizes. Those are PERFECT. Very tasty. VERY nicely done. Outstanding!!!!!!!

My absolute highest compliments on great selection and gorgeous execution.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts