Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I disconnected the battery so I could remove an amp, after i connected the batt back I tried to start it, it wouldn't start, and the lights started blinking than the alarm with off. I disconnected the batt several more times with the same results. Even If I use the keyless entry it will go off, but it will lock and unlock the doors.... freaking weird, any help please

·
Registered
613 Posts
need to reset the remote to the car. I think its a 15 min window before the remote resets with a dead battery. Can't remember the exact sequence, but when the battery is re-hooked up, the remote has to be active for a certain amount of time so they will work together. Atleast thats how they did our jeep, when we had to order 2 more remotes.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
need to reset the remote to the car. I think its a 15 min window before the remote resets with a dead battery. Can't remember the exact sequence, but when the battery is re-hooked up, the remote has to be active for a certain amount of time so they will work together. Atleast thats how they did our jeep, when we had to order 2 more remotes.
Im not sure I understand what your saying...... it has the stock alarm system so I wouldnt think the FOB has anything to do with it. I usually dont even keep the FOB with the car

·
Registered
613 Posts
with a OEM factory alarm system, you can get new remotes that the alarm will accept if the battery is DC'd and the remotes are activated. I am wondering if your system lost the freq from your remote and may need to be re programmed?

·
Registered
613 Posts
see what i am saying? your alarm might not recognize the chip or remote if it was dc'd for more than 15 mins.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts