Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a JLT ll intake and a Bamachip tune in my 05 GT. The first drive I made with the car was a 170 mile highway jaunt. When I first started out the mileage stayed on 17 to 17.5 mpg. I always averaged 19.5 to 20 with the stock intake and a BC 87 perf tune. Needless to say I was pretty dissapointed and was thinking that when I get home Im gonna tear that sucker out of there and put the stocker back in. I also turned the info panel off so I did not have to look at it. I was cruisin about 75 to 80 with the tach about 2500 to 2700 with my 4.10s. When I got to my destination 3 hours later I took a look at the info and to my surprise the average mileage jumped to 22.5 mpg. It also did the same when I came home the same distance. I fueled up, cleared the info and jumped on the highway. Still 22.5 when I got home.
I guess the computer learned that I was pissed, and adjusted for the continuous cruise mode that the car was driving in... I read where there is a learning mode in the computer so I give it a big "A+" on highway...... GA:shigrin

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts
There is an adaptive learning feature in the computer. However, many tuners disable this feature. Still, can't argue with that mileage!

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
good mileage. i am hoping to see some numbers well into the 20's when i make my annual trip from NJ to NC.

ever try clearing and reseting the MPG while you are already doing 65 MPH? it will say your getting an insane amount of mileage, i got mine to say it was getting 33 MPG for about 5 minutes :D made me feel good about not buying a 4 banger.

·
Registered
12,243 Posts
In my Stang....my best ever was 21 mpg, but traditionally average 15-18 mpg.

Now once in my truck, I reset the computer, and got lucky to be rolling down a hill and I saw something like 28 MPG in my F-150....for about a minute, then when I stopped at a light, it dropped back down to 17 mpg.

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts
In my Stang....my best ever was 21 mpg, but traditionally average 15-18 mpg.

Now once in my truck, I reset the computer, and got lucky to be rolling down a hill and I saw something like 28 MPG in my F-150....for about a minute, then when I stopped at a light, it dropped back down to 17 mpg.
I manage 20 commuting and 24 hwy. I can live with that.

·
Registered
191 Posts
There is an adaptive learning feature in the computer. However, many tuners disable this feature. Still, can't argue with that mileage!
hate to hijack....but does that adaptive learning feature apply to the tranny too??

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
I've run the GT500 a few times (in the garage, of course). The last time I scrolled through the display information and noted it was getting 1.5 mpg so far. Further gas will be consumed in the months to come without increasing the 8.9 miles currently on the odometer, so I anticipate that lofty 1.5 mpg will go down a bit.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I don't know how accurate the dash readout really is. To get accurate numbers, fill it up, drive it, and fill it up again. Do the math to get your true MPG.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.