Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
redbullet said:
Thats with 10 lbs?
Yes
but only 15 degrees of timming(91 octane), with a 6.5 pulley and without the gears i was at 383.

added 3:73 gears and pulley.... then put down 414...

I think we will try and retune in the next couple of weeks...

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Isn't 15 degrees max?

91 octane :?: I wouldn't even think about anything less than 93 in a SC car! Heck I allready drive outa my way for 94 NA!!!

At 10 PSI I'd think you should break through 450 with a stick S197...??

·
Registered
20 Posts
kj_cinci said:
91 octane :?: I wouldn't even think about anything less than 93 in a SC car! Heck I allready drive outa my way for 94 NA!!!
Not sure where SMP is from. Here in the Los Angeles area, 91 octane is it. I haven't seen anything higher in a long time. Even Steeda was aware of that when I ordered my Xcal. They give me a tune for California.

·
Registered
332 Posts
There was a post about adjusting the by-pass valve to bring the boost in sooner, but contrary to what they say, the mind is the first to go and I can't remember where I saw it, and my searches thus far have been futile.

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
craig66 said:
Not sure where SMP is from. Here in the Los Angeles area, 91 octane is it. I haven't seen anything higher in a long time. Even Steeda was aware of that when I ordered my Xcal. They give me a tune for California.
Wow... see what you learn... I guess you guys will have to mix your own...?!!? Thanks for the info! And sorry about the 'loss'! :winks

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
kj_cinci said:
Isn't 15 degrees max?

At 10 PSI I'd think you should break through 450 with a stick S197...??
I could run 16 or 17 degrees... I know of some on the east cost that are running 20 and 22... but i am more concerned about the A/F than the Power...
We will be retuning next week in hopes to get more power earlier...

With a stock pulley and the Saleen tune without gears, the car was putting down 366 SAE, but the A/F was 14 because Saleen does not give you a tune for Aftermarket Intake..

I am sure we will see 425-430 SAE next week with 91 octane...

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Hmm...?? Okay, I thought that 15 degrees was max due to VT flexibility...??

If I were you I'd upgrade my fuel system. Boost-A-Pump, lines, wiring, and a fuel rail. That is the only way for safe operations with a blown car, Saleen had the boost set low with a restrictive intake for a reason, fuel flow capabilities (and shortblock strenght)!. A/F at 14 is boardeline dangerous and I think you'll need at least the Boost-A-Pump to get outa it! And I would spring for the rest too to be safe! I know I will!

·
Registered
332 Posts
SMP said:
I could run 16 or 17 degrees... I know of some on the east cost that are running 20 and 22... but i am more concerned about the A/F than the Power...
We will be retuning next week in hopes to get more power earlier...

With a stock pulley and the Saleen tune without gears, the car was putting down 366 SAE, but the A/F was 14 because Saleen does not give you a tune for Aftermarket Intake..

I am sure we will see 425-430 SAE next week with 91 octane...
This is with the stock 4 lbs pulley?

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
redbullet said:
This is with the stock 4 lbs pulley?
It was mentioned above it's pullied to 10 pounds...

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Ah... now I'm with'cha! :)

I'd guess the stock pulley is the 4 (to 5) lb pulley...??

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
I know... saw 4-5 somewhere before they released it... didn't know for sure if they had it pegged down to 4 sharp... Vortech says 8-9 but there is S-trims with stock (Vortech) intake and pulleys charging over 10 PSI!!

·
Registered
332 Posts
Roush advertises 6 lbs while the Whipple is supposed to have 10lbs along with KB.

I played it safe at 6 lbs. Should be enough to upset 80% of the cars out there.

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
It seems anything over 400 RWHP ~+7 PSI is a shortblock breaker. I know of over 10 block rebuilds now, most from broken rods and a couple that started with cracked pistons...

It also seem the stock fuel lines and rails can provide fuel into the low 400's but after that comes up short in keeping the preasure at boost. The least I'd add is a Boost-A-Pump and fuel rails...

I am having a shortblock built and will in addition to the above fuel upgrades get the lines and wiring upgraded at the same time, pricey yes, but less than fixing a busted shortblock, stock or built...

·
Registered
324 Posts
When you live in a higher altitude region the octane of gas starts to go down. We can only get 91 here but because of the altitude our 91 grade gas at 5,000' acts the exact same as 93 octane at a lower altitude.

kj_cinci said:
Wow... see what you learn... I guess you guys will have to mix your own...?!!? Thanks for the info! And sorry about the 'loss'! :winks

1 - 20 of 22 Posts