Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In May '05, took my '05 Mustang to Ford for popping noise while turning at slow speeds. they said they fixed the problem, TSB 050911. Since then a squealy noise was heard when turning, but faintly. Took it back to Ford and they said they'd fix it. So they call me, say they've fixed it, and so I get my car back. But now, the noise is louder than before. anybody have this problem or know something Ford :kooky: doesn't?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
yeah tell them to check the brake dust shields that could be rubbing on the inside of the tire.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Today the same steering noise problem started for me. I have to say that it is freezing outside. Don't know if that has anything to do with it. The car has 25000 miles on it, and so far I haven't heard that noise before. I am going to stop by the dealer this week to see if they can do anything about it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Mine is a popping noise when I'm braking. It only happens after I back up then when I brake for the first time it pops. After that it doesn't do it. Only after I back up then go forward for the first time. Weird

·
Registered
659 Posts
GTarb said:
In May '05, took my '05 Mustang to Ford for popping noise while turning at slow speeds. they said they fixed the problem, TSB 050911. Since then a squealy noise was heard when turning, but faintly. Took it back to Ford and they said they'd fix it. So they call me, say they've fixed it, and so I get my car back. But now, the noise is louder than before. anybody have this problem or know something Ford :kooky: doesn't?

Thanks
The "squealy" noise is the limited slip diff. there is a TSB for that one too. New friction modifier and if that doesn't work new clutch pack and new lube with new friction modifier to replace the original stuff.

Cheers/Chip

1 - 5 of 5 Posts