Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:smoke: Hi i want to put air bags on my 05 stang rollin on dubz i called a several shops and they said that i was looking at about $2,500-3,000. which is cool but they said it will get as low as my rim hits the wheel well or about 1 1/2- 2 inchs off the ground. they also said it sould also drive just as good or better then it does now any help or opinions are welcome thanks for your time.:cool:

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
hw05ondubz said:
:smoke: Hi i want to put air bags on my 05 stang rollin on dubz i called a several shops and they said that i was looking at about $2,500-3,000. which is cool but they said it will get as low as my rim hits the wheel well or about 1 1/2- 2 inchs off the ground. they also said it sould also drive just as good or better then it does now any help or opinions are welcome thanks for your time.:cool:
airbags?! dubs?! ---- :sterb: :sterb: :sterb: :sterb: :sterb: :sterb: :sterb: and thats all i have to say about that! Get Regal......

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'd say, do one or the other. Not both. I'm most likely oredering 20's for my 05 GT, but they're the Foose Nitrous wheels (made for the 05 Mustang). I think dubs and bags are too much. Get some dubs and throw on an Eiback Pro Kit.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the diffrence between me and you?

:smoke: I think its the age diffrence and personal opinion thats all im 23 with a 05 gt mustang with 3 TVs 20' wheels and about $8,000 more in custom stuff thats just me but i like a super low ride and to tuck some wheel to like the cars at a SEMA show and i dont care if you have a rouch or a saleen who do you think will get more looks from the average folk on the street the more outragous one or the come one think about it? :?: p.s oh yea ill still smoke you to :cool:

·
Registered
237 Posts
Hey HW,
i hate to turn a forum into this...but perhaps you should take the money and learn to spell.
You're 'righteous' talk is a bit boooooring!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
if you smell what the vigotes cookin!

:smoke: sorry johnny5 something or other but im just saying you think i need to spell cool sorry you feel that way but i did not mean to brag or spell correctly i thought this forum was to help each other right? Anyway i clearly asked for opinion so i thought mostly everyone would disagree with me but might offer some help not be a smart ass:cool: so in sort maybe next time im picking up a hot chick hittin the switch:drool: ill ask her to teach me to spell :winks .

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Okay, maybe I'm not in the "in crowd."

I know what air bags are, I wouldn't put them on MY car. Not my thing.

But.....

What the hell are "dubz?"

Not trying to pick, I'm just not getting it.....

·
Registered
100 Posts
JEB said:
Okay, maybe I'm not in the "in crowd."

I know what air bags are, I wouldn't put them on MY car. Not my thing.

But.....

What the hell are "dubz?"

Not trying to pick, I'm just not getting it.....
Dubz are 20" wheels.

To answer the original question, I don't think that the ride is going to be any better or worse than with stock suspension, especially with the size of your wheels. As far as opinion of airbags...do what you want. Personally, I think airbag suspensions belong on trucks and only trucks. It's your car, so do what you want. Where would you mount the airtank? Not much room underneath the car...

However, I do reserve the right to beat you with a blunt object if you mention anything about neon lights, ttype r stickers, or anything of the sort...

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Sooo....

Are "Dubz" a brand, or is that a street slang reference to the 20" size?

·
Registered
79 Posts
HW, if you're here to ask for opinions, then take them when they come your way. This forum is not for smart asses who like to brag about what they have done to their car. P.S. If you're car is bad, why don't your have pictures of your stang w/ $13,000 in upgrades? Next time, if you ask for an opinion, don't criticize or try to show off. Most people here do't like that.

·
Registered
100 Posts
JEB said:
Sooo....

Term is used pretty much for any set of 20" wheels.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah yeah ******

:smoke: Anyways how do i post pictures of my car not sure how but i do have a camera and i will so the peeps that dought know whats up. and no I dont want neon lights or any import S*** on my car ill beat:sterb: myself if i did V8 power is the only way to go and I do know about power and i know i will get shot for this one but i had a 67 chevy:tongue truck with a 383 stroker with est. hp 415 and i loved it tell my dad wanted it:sosad: so its his toy now and i got my stang:happyhapp so to everybody here i thank for there opinion and those that are not in tune with what im about sorry everyones different right but this forum has been very helpful to me thanks check you later....:cool:

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
JEB said:
Sooo....

..and Dubdubz are 22" wheels

·
Registered
708 Posts
I believe my comment on the gold pony fits eqully as well here.

Vandil said:
That's going to look OFF the hook with my 22 dub's and neons!

Now when I roll through the hood all the fly ******* going to know I got the bling bling stang.

Now where'd I leave dat 40 ah OE?
Yes, I just quoted myself.:tongue

·
Registered
100 Posts
hw05ondubz said:
:smoke: Anyways how do i post pictures of my car not sure how but i do have a camera and i will so the peeps that dought know whats up. and no I dont want neon lights or any import S*** on my car ill beat:sterb: myself if i did V8 power is the only way to go and I do know about power and i know i will get shot for this one but i had a 67 chevy:tongue truck with a 383 stroker with est. hp 415 and i loved it tell my dad wanted it:sosad: so its his toy now and i got my stang:happyhapp so to everybody here i thank for there opinion and those that are not in tune with what im about sorry everyones different right but this forum has been very helpful to me thanks check you later....:cool:
and I hope you upgraded your brakes when you went to 20" wheels...

·
Registered
28 Posts
as far as handling I had an eibach pro system on my focus then switched to airbags and the handling went from like 9 outa 10 to about 2 out of 10....whenever you take a sharp corner it feels like your going to roll over. However Air Ride Tech. has some airprings which are supposed to drop your car up to 5" when deflated and can be set to stiff for the track and soft for cruising. But these are just for the older mustangs, I don't know if they would fit or not.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
hw05ondubz said:
:smoke: I think its the age diffrence and personal opinion thats all im 23 with a 05 gt mustang with 3 TVs 20' wheels and about $8,000 more in custom stuff thats just me but i like a super low ride and to tuck some wheel to like the cars at a SEMA show and i dont care if you have a rouch or a saleen who do you think will get more looks from the average folk on the street the more outragous one or the come one think about it? :?: p.s oh yea ill still smoke you to :cool:
highly unlikely that you'll smoke me b/c ill spend my $8,000 on go fast mods, and im not paying 28k to watch friggin' TV in my mustang. thats what my leather recliner with its built-in beer fridge is for..... if i was you, i would wire in a forward facing camera to one of those TV's so you can watch yourself get smoked by all the others who dont waste time/$$$ on watching TV and "roll'n dubz and bags" low rider drives a little slower, remember....:winks

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
gtnos what i cant hear you....

:smoke: See you could not smoke me in your dreams and i also got 2 screens on my headrests for you to see and do you even have a car? anyways I got speed to man you cant have a mustang with no power thats the first thing i did so when people pull up they get smoked but hey hit me up when you get your car you cant have flash with no dash man:cool:

·
Registered
73 Posts
hw05ondubz said:
:smoke: See you could not smoke me in your dreams and i also got 2 screens on my headrests for you to see and do you even have a car? anyways I got speed to man you cant have a mustang with no power thats the first thing i did so when people pull up they get smoked but hey hit me up when you get your car you cant have flash with no dash man:cool:
Are you for real? Is english a second language for you? My head hurts from trying to read your posts.

Seriously, I know you don't care (you make it obvious), but you must realize what a complete moron you sound like. If I were to guess, I'd say you ride the short bus to get to your junior high school.

Your "mods" sound completely useless to me. 3 TV screens in a mustang...in the headrests??? Who the hell could watch them in your backseat? Your legless friends from the 3rd grade??? :?:

Why don't you lose the stupid trash talk and enlighten us as to what improvements you have made to your car that enable you to "smoke" everyone.

·
Registered
100 Posts
hw05ondubz said:
No offense man, but people here don't respond well to boasting. We all can tell how proud you are of your tv screens, but they won't impress anyone on this board. Neither will statements like 'do you even have a car' and 'you can't have flash with no dash.'

You never answered my earlier question about upgrading your brakes or where you'd put the air tank for the airbags.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts