Ford Mustang Forum banner

61 - 80 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
JEB said:
Have you ever fired the MAC10, or 11? What a piece of crap!!!!!!!!!
I think they were INTERTECH??? No, those were worse... It was Ingram!!
I'd rather carry a STEN, with the original crap magazine than one of those!!!!

I've often thought about how nice it would've been to bring my own weapon to the desert. I'd sure as hell take my S&W 629 over the M9 any day of the week! ahhhh, my wheelies...... Love them...
yep, pure junk. any gun you can buy for a few hundred out of pawn is junk with only a few exceptions. gangstas love the MAC10 and Tech9 b/c of the large mag capacities and rapid fire. thats b/c they cant shoot for $***. i just re-qualified last week with my glock .40 with a 95%. thats with semi auto with 15 round mag. its a 20 round course which means i only missed one shot. that shot was at 50 yards. im not bragging, b/c i have my good days and bad. last time i quailified it was with an 75. (a 70 is a passing score) but lets see a gangsta do either. especially with a tech 9 or mac10.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Back on TOPIC

Hi Guys,

I'm not a cop, but have driven a 1993 Police Pursuit Crown Vic since new. It has air bag suspension and stays flat even when accelerating or braking hard. No nose dive or tail dive - ever.

I don't hate cops either. But sure don't want them to pay too much attention to my fast ride, as I prefer paying attention to keeping the rubber on the road rather than gaze at the speedometer.

Cops tend to notice a car accelerating hard thanks to the rise in its hood. They react to your sharp braking when hit by radar by watching your nose dive. Air suspension can prevent this, at least it does in my pursuit Crown Vic.

Also Air Ride Technologies claims that their air suspension lowers from stock suspension by 2 inches. This is pretty much the amount of space added to the wheel clearance to allow for snow chains, bringing the Stang back down to its initial design height. No problems there.

It appears that they have several types of products. Those for people who want a low-rider for show-off cruising, and others for people into road racing or track performance. This means that we shouldn't trash the idea completely. Not at least before investigating it fully.

For this purpose, I registered in their forum and posted this thread. I am one of the few who love to road race, but also would like to have some of the comfort that my air suspension Vic accustomed me to. Here's the thread in case you want to chime in:
http://www.ridetech.com/forum/m.asp?m=9189

Let me know if you have technically based constructive criticism. The other option seems to be adjustable Topiko shocks which have seperate dampening and absorption settings which you can dial in according to your own chosen comfort/handling preferences.

Cheers,

·
Registered
622 Posts
Crownvic said:
Also Air Ride Technologies claims that their air suspension lowers from stock suspension by 2 inches. This is pretty much the amount of space added to the wheel clearance to allow for snow chains, bringing the Stang back down to its initial design height. No problems there.
the owner's manual says to avoid chains on 235/55/17 (stock GT) and 255/45/18 ('06 upgrade GT wheels). Use of chains will probably damage the vehicle.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Air Ride

I ordered the full air ride setup for my 2005 Mustang in October. They told me the fronts were on backorder and should be ready "any time now" So I buy the full Level Pro system, with rear bags, compressors, the whole 9 yards. I also prepay for the front struts, cause the system is pretty dang useless without the front bags. So I spent nearly $5 grand.

They tell me the front bags should be ready in 2 to 3 weeks. I call them after 2 or 3 weeks, and I get the same, "any day now". So he says call back in another couple weeks. Guys this went on for MONTHS!!

6 weeks ago, I was told they were testing the new bags and they should be ready in 4 to 6 weeks. I just called them now, and they tell me "ANY DAY NOW". So I tell the guy, I'm getting kinda sick of hearing that for the past few months. So I ask him WHEN will they be ready. He says, maybe 2 weeks, maybe 6 weeks.

And you know what, I bet I'll call in 6 weeks to find out it's, "anytime now, call back in another 6 weeks."

I just read on the Ride Tech forum that guy posted above, that the moderator of that forum posted on January 2nd, that the front struts won't be ready for another COUPLE MONTHS! The guy I talked to today, said maybe another couple weeks.

Also, ride tech has kinda gotten tired of me emailing them and asking when my struts will be ready. I only email them when the 2 weeks or 3 weeks or whatever date they promised they'd be ready passes. Well now, they just have their spam filter block all emails from my address.

The only reason I bought air bags is cause my side exhaust is so low that I can't get over speed bumps and actually drive my car into my parking lot where I live.

I'm really really pissed off at Ride Tech. But I got no choice but to wait, they got my money, but until I find another company that makes front air bags, my car is pretty much useless until they send me the front bags I bought 4 MONTHS AGO!! WHICH THEY KEEP SAYING WILL BE READY ANYTIME NOW.

·
Registered
10 Posts
You know, I think I'll post my experience above with Ride Tech, on every Mustang forum I can find. Cause they bounce all my emails, and give me the run around, over and over again. I'm pissed now. Yup, that post of mine above is going to turn up all over the web. Until someone from Ride Tech stops jerking my chain.

My car is useless without those front air bags, and I've explained that to them over and over and over again.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Here's a post I just put up on the Official Ride Tech Forum. It's not like I haven't given them every single oppurtunity to treat me with respect and like a valued customer. They don't respect me, and they treat me like that, well fair is fair.

"Another thing you guys might be interested in knowing. Ride Tech put a 2005 Mustang into the SEMA show back in 2005. They had problems with the tires rubbing, so they had to redesign the front struts. Well guys, they been redesigning those things for what over a year now??

Just ask yourselves, what good is having air bags on only the rear of your car? Cause I seriously doubt anyone will live long enough to see the front bags from Ride Tech get released.

And no I don't want my money back, I want my air bags. I already installed the rear bags and compressors, I ain't yanking that all out to return it, not to mention, I can't get my car over the speed bumps where I live so I can actually park my car in my garage!!

So I got no choice but to wait. But I sure can complain about the piss poor customer service. It's not nice to tell someone two weeks, 3 weeks, 4 weeks, 6 weeks. Then every single time that time passes, I have to call them, and I get the same answer, any time now. They know I paid for those struts, they know I'm pissed and I'm waiting for them. Good customer service would mean that they actually call or email me if there is going to be another delay. But no, they'd rather I post stuff like this on every forum I can find.

Thanks Ride Tech, another dissatisfied customer here.

I wouldn't be this freaking pissed off if you guys had kept me updated like I asked after you gave me the run around for the first two and a half months.

You see this is what happens when you piss off a customer, and it's not like I didn't give you many many chances. All I asked was to keep me updated if the release date got pushed back. But no, you can't even do that, so screw it."

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Stroker15: dude that sucks hard man... sue their asses! hope you get your air bags

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Stroker15: dude that sucks hard man... sue their asses! hope you get your air bags
If you speak to a [gag] lawyer :) they can tell you what you need from the company, to start litigation. Somthing in writing saying when the parts will be available. You have already purchased the parts, but they don't seem to be building them. I would guess the company is out of business, as far as design and manufacture, goes.

If I had a design problem, like tires rubbing, in less then a week, I would have a new prototype built and tested. From a design standpoint, it just isn't that difficult. You call your engineer and tell him/her your problem. He/she says "Huh! Ok, I'll look at it." and (s)he will. They hate bad designs.

Bad designs are embarrassing.

Worse than that? Lying to your customers about a design that isn't happening, as your company "circles the drain" and tries to keep customers happy while not actually shipping any parts to them.

They'll keep your money when they go out of business. You will be labelled a "creditor" and they will have to pay you a percentage of what they owe you. They are certainly an "L.L.C." or "Limited Liability Corporation" so you can't actually sue the owners, only the company and not for more than the value of the company itself.

Which your airbags probably are :D

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
In no time at all, Jesse James will be tearing up an 05 GT and turning it into a monster snow plow that shoots snow 250 feet in the air and rides on 22's with studs. There goes the neighborhood.
But it must appear stock.

Right.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Good for you! Get some REAL performance parts!! ;)
Umm, I think I got one or two "real" performance parts "www.strokedaddycustoms.com" Stroker

And the only reason I need those air bags, is that Cervini Side Exhaust kit, combined with my Eibach drop springs the car is too low. Without the air bags, I can't get over the speed bumps to get into my parking lot where I live.

So I got two choices, yank out the rear air bags and compressors I have installed and try and return it. Then I'd have to yank out my Cervini's side exhaust kit, and reinstall my dual exhaust and stripe a GT bumper to match my stripes. So I'm going to waste a ton of money trying to go back to where it was, cause that Cervini's side exhaust kit is $1,700 or so plus shipping to Hawaii. And I can't use that exhaust without the air bags.

Trust me, I liked my car way better with the drop springs. I don't like scraping that exhaust on speedbumps.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Dang Jet Black. Oh my gosh, that's freaking scary. You think Air Ride Technologies might be going out of business? I thought there were a well established company. Then again so was Enron.

OH man, I better ask them for my money back, then again, I don't have a choice. If I don't get those air bags, there's no way I can install my Street Scene bumper I have, it sits way too low with my drop springs.

I'd have to spend more money and get me a set of coil overs. Set them high enough to clear bumps and speedbumps so I don't damage stuff. Then crank them down to drop the car for shows. That's a lot more work than just pressing a button with the air bags.

Then again, if they stiff me on those front struts, that's a grand, and a grand could buy me coil overs. My other dilemma is to go with coilovers, I'd have to yank out the rear bags and compressors and tank. That stuff cost me several grand, and I know Air Ride ain't going to take it back. So either way, I'm royally hosed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
So where I'm at now is a real catch 22. I'm hosed no matter what I do. The best case scenario would be they eventually send me those front struts. Then I ain't out any more money than I already am. If I don't get those struts, then I stand to lose thousands of dollars, cause I'll have to buy new coil overs, and ditch the rear air bag system, or keep the air bag system but ditch my side exhaust. Or just keep the car as it is, and ditch my front Street Scene bumper, and I lose the grand for the air struts. No matter how you slice it, if I don't get those struts I lose at least a grand, and depending on what I do to compensate, it could be a few grand or several grand.

That's a lesson to you guys. If you want that Cervinis side exhaust kit, make sure your car is at least at stock height. Or make sure you never have to go over speed bumps or drive on bumpy roads. That side exhaust is really low. And on a lowered vehicle you have very little clearance. With the rear air bags fully extended, I can barely get over speed bumps that are 2 inches tall. I can make it over bumps that are 3" tall, but I still scrape the exhaust. And that's fully extended on the air bags. With the drop springs in there, you wouldn't make it over a 2" speed bump. No way.

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Dang bud... talk about painted into a corner... I hope it all work out for you asap!!

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Anyway to modify the exhaust? Flatten it if it's round, reroute it, hang it higher? I had a similar problems with the cats on my LTs and ended up ordering a OR midpipe... not legal, and loud but better for me...

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I've seen stangs with 23 inch rims and lowered with bags, lambo doors, full sound systems and custom paint. Really, this is an outcome from the custom cars of the past (lowriders) in combination with (imports) and the Dub Crowd (escalades, donks...etcs..) I think mustangs do not look good with dubz and bags, but if he wants to do this to his ride, its all good.. I would stick to a caprice or H2 or Escalde if i wanted to have this type of ride. Its all a fad and it will not look cool 10 years from now...

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
I've seen stangs with 23 inch rims and lowered with bags, lambo doors, full sound systems and custom paint. Really, this is an outcome from the custom cars of the past (lowriders) in combination with (imports) and the Dub Crowd (escalades, donks...etcs..) I think mustangs do not look good with dubz and bags, but if he wants to do this to his ride, its all good.. I would stick to a caprice or H2 or Escalde if i wanted to have this type of ride. Its all a fad and it will not look cool 10 years from now...
so he can easily change his rims and suspension.... not cheaply... but not difficult ;)

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I think once you instal bags, you pretty much hack up the car underneath. I have seen many rides just ruined by bad chop bag work. I mean, 20 inch wheels look good if you do it right, but bags just give it a "toy look"

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well ok, about my choice of mods. I have to tell you that when I put on those 19" rims, Eibach drop springs and struts, front and rear sway bars, Dude my car handles like a freaking race car. I got absolutely no body roll and I can drift my back end around turns in total control with no roll or nothing. You wanna talk performance suspension that's the ticket.

Now with the air bags, I know I've gotten suggestions to flatten the exhaust pipes, but that won't work. You'd have to see what it's like under my car and where the pipes come out. Trust me, there is no way to mount them any other way or get more ground clearance with that Cervini's Side exhaust kid.

So I had a couple of choices, I could park my car on the street, cause there is no way I can get over the 3" speed bumps to get into my townhouse complex where I live with the drop springs and side exhaust. Parking a car on the street that I've got about $30 grand in performance parts and labor sunk into it, is not an option.

I could remove the Cervini's side exhaust and reinstall my JBA true dual exhaust set up. Now considering I spent $1,700 before shipping on the side exhaust, well that option is out.

I could put stock springs back on my car. Since I threw away my stock springs, that option is out. I could buy a set of coil overs and just hassle with adjusting them and lowering the car for every show I go to.

Or I could do the air bag thing, and raise and lower my car with the push of a button. That gets me over my speed bumps, allows me to keep my side exhaust, and I can easily drop my car to the ground in a matter of two seconds.

Now you want to talk performance? Those rear air struts are just as good as the Eibach setup I had on there. The car is absolutely solid. It handles like a go cart on steroids. Trust me, air bags ain't just about looks and trying to attract attention. I can still slide my rear end around and make totally controlled drift turns, with no body roll. My car handles better than perfect.

So trust me, it ain't all about looks. I was worried I'd sacrifice performance with the air suspension, and I didn't sacrifice one ounce of performance.

I'd put my car on any race track any day, flog it around the track like nobody's business, then wipe it down and put it right in a car show that night. My car has both the show as well as the go.

I'm new to modifying cars, but I been modifying sportbikes for a long time, and performance, and handling always come before looks.

And the reason I didn't get 20" rims is cause I heard they ride real stiff and solid. The 19" rims are absolutely perfect, and the step up in handling and feel is way way worth it.

I think once you instal bags, you pretty much hack up the car underneath. I have seen many rides just ruined by bad chop bag work. I mean, 20 inch wheels look good if you do it right, but bags just give it a "toy look"

·
Registered
10 Posts
Air Ride Resolution

Ok, now I got to let everyone know that I worked things out with Air Ride. They really didn't know how pissed I was till they read about it on their forum. After that, they went above and beyond to satisfy me.

They sent me the first set of front struts they got. They offered me the option to wait another two weeks for it to get anodized, or they could send it right away. I told them to ship it without anodizing, and they shipped the fronts that day. They also have been tracking that package with UPS and they emailed me today saying that UPS will be delivering it to me tomorrow.

I have to admit I got carried away and flew off the handle. I thought they were jerking my chain, when they really weren't, they just didn't have the struts to send me. And I got the very first set that they did receive.

So they made good, and I apologize for flaming them like I did. They really came through when they found out how upset I was. In all fairness, they just didn't have the part to send me, and they really didn't know when it would be ready.

So I'll have my front struts in tomorrow. Another reason I need those front struts, is when I install my Street Scene front bumper, I won't be able to get over my speed bumps without the air struts. That bumper is also lower than my stock bumper. So lowering your mustang with the Eibach drop kit and installing a body kit is cool, if you don't have to go over any speed bumps. So my front bumper is waiting on those struts.

Believe me, if I could have set up my car with that side exhaust and front bumper without going with air bags, then I definately would have. But my townhouse association refuses to remove those speed bumps, and I can't sell my house and move. So I don't really have any other realistic choice than to go with the bags, and I'm totally very happy that they perform just as good as the Eibach drop kit. Trust me, I didn't want to blow $5 grand on air bags when my suspension was already set up totally awesome, performance wise. But I didn't have a choice in the matter.

61 - 80 of 87 Posts