Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got the codes. Car is in limp mode, code #1 is P2106, throttle actuator control system forced limited power. Guy Says I need a new TPS, and code #2 is P2135 electronic throttle control (ETC) position sensor A/B voltage correlation. TP-1 and TP-2 do not agree.

I was told I need to purchase a new TPS and have a mechanic fix the ETC correlation and I should be fine. Then Ford tells me I need to buy new throttle body over the phone for $1000.00. Can someone please tell me if I will be ok if I just buy the $75.00 Throttle Position Sensor and it should correct the ETC, or do I have to buy the whole throttle body??

·
Registered
174 Posts
At $75 I would try that sensor first.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Don't take it from me, but I remember reading that only the sensor has to be replaced. Ford tries to screw you by replacing the whole thing.

S

·
0 Posts
A $1000? Really? Ford sales a pretty, polished 62mm throttle body that is $560. If that they charge $440 to do the install, I'm in the wrong buisiness.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TPS answers.

Thank you sheiza, nick and jimmy. Gonna replace sensor. Don't see how it can make it worse. Not going to let Ford screw me over. I appreciate your answers and time. I'll update the fix!!! Ttysoon mustang men. Thank you!!!!

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Thank you sheiza, nick and jimmy. Gonna replace sensor. Don't see how it can make it worse. Not going to let Ford screw me over. I appreciate your answers and time. I'll update the fix!!! Ttysoon mustang men. Thank you!!!!
Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

If you CAN'T fix it with the sensor... Just buy an aftermarket for 500 bucks..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts