Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 05 V6 automatic (be quiet, my wife drives it too). I have to say, I have never seen an auto / V6 combo this fast and responsive. I have tried to look up discussions on the 05 Mustang transmission but can't find anything. This thing's shifting is so perfect that it (the computer) can outshift the average driver using a manual (one of the pro reviewer's words, not mine). Is this auto new for 05? Who makes this, etc. I appreciate your input.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Its a new trans for the Mustang, but has been used in the Explorer since 2002. I think the T-Birds and LS also used this trans.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yeah, the tuners think we are driving it for looks. Some punk in a late model Infiniti "G" something with dual exhaust and exhaust tips as large as a pregnant zucchini slid up to me on the tollway today and squirreled around on his accelerator. I made the quick circle sign with my right index finer, he nodded, and in about three seconds I was at least 10 car lengths ahead of him. That automatic responds to your curent speed and RPM then adjusts to the depth of accelerator pressure. That's the "fly by wire" thing they're talking about. Geez I love this car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts