Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed the Flowmaster or JBA exhaust kits on the '05 V6? If so how is the sound and what was the installation time?:eyepoppin

·
Registered
5 Posts
mustangmax05 said:
Has anyone installed the Flowmaster or JBA exhaust kits on the '05 V6? If so how is the sound and what was the installation time?:eyepoppin
I just had the JBA installed. I cant say that I did it (wipes tear), but they guy who did, only took about 45 minutes... But then again, he had a lift and all that fun stuff...

I personally love the way it sounds, its definately a louder than the stock, with a nice growl to it.

Cant say that I've heard the flowmaster on the new V6.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Exhaust Kits

Thanks for responding. The local muffler shop advised against the exhaust kit saying the sound would be tinny but too loud at Interstate speeds.

·
Registered
502 Posts
mustangmax05 said:
Thanks for responding. The local muffler shop advised against the exhaust kit saying the sound would be tinny but too loud at Interstate speeds.
Was the local muffler shop Midas? I started there with my JBA single pipe and the job would have been done better by a squadron of trained geese. It rattled like crazy -- I take it back in -- they see nothing wrong -- it still rattles. My Maryland Performance Center guy (George Reggio) took care of it.

I have no issues whatsoever with the JBA...often play music at highway speeds and the exhaust is not loud enough to be noticeable over the tunes.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
I wonder if this will start another V6 Vs. V8 debate?:sterb:

·
Registered
71 Posts
I also got the JBA exhaust and am quite pleased with it... I installed it myself (wasn't too hard) and it sounds a lot nicer than stock, especially when jumping on the gas... ;) It is louder than stock at freeway speeds, but as recommended above, turning up the tunes takes care of that... :)

·
Registered
465 Posts
I've had my JBA on for around 4 months. I put it on myself, took about an hour in my driveway using common hand tools. It is not too loud, just mellow. The tone is close to that of earlier 60's small block V8's.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts