Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is not the 265 HP eclipse, but the previous new model styled spyders. Not a very impressive kill. Was following my friend home and I got cut off at a light in the center lane when I needed to be at the right lane. The truck to my left keeps inching forward, I can't see the light for the other lanes since I'm tall and am just over the break line. So I figure something that he knows something I don't. I start doing that too, the eclipse next to me takes that as me revving my engine I suppose. He starts gunning his, I laugh and get ready for a drag take off as well. He spun his tires for a fraction of a second where I just had a bit of a chirp and a solid take off. ran through first and second to 5500 rpms. The tires chirped going into second as well. by the time I got it in third I had a length and a half on him and was pulling away by the second. He shut it off and I changed lanes in front of him. Top speed was probably 65 mph. I don't know what type of motor powers Eclipses, so I'm not really bragging I guess, but it sure was fun and it made my night.

·
Registered
244 Posts
yeah the previous model Eclipse wasn't that powerful at all, nothing compared to the GST and GSX in the past, those are pretty fun to drive, but nothing we can't handle...good kill

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
For a second I thought you were driving a GT. I was gunna say":sterb: " for only a 1.5 car length lead at 65. But I heard the 05 'V6 stangs are pretty quick. shouldn't you have been able to beat him by more? Well, whatever, nice kill. Winning is winning right?

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
YORCHI said:
yeah the previous model Eclipse wasn't that powerful at all, nothing compared to the GST and GSX in the past, those are pretty fun to drive, but nothing we can't handle...good kill
I'm pretty sure they have 210 hp. More in fact than the old GST & GSX which had around 190. THose cars are of a different era.

The newer ones are naturally aspirated, so the delivery is different, -a bit more lazy -not as frenetic. The real difference is in weight and no AWD.

·
Registered
244 Posts
kscoyote said:
I'm pretty sure they have 210 hp. More in fact than the old GST & GSX which had around 190. THose cars are of a different era.

The newer ones are naturally aspirated, so the delivery is different, -a bit more lazy -not as frenetic. The real difference is in weight and no AWD.
http://www.modernracer.com/features/mitsubishieclipsegst1995.html

I used to get hard on's for them back in the day when I didn't know any better, when the new one's came out, it quickly turned limp...

·
Registered
3,724 Posts

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
tw0scoops123 said:
I never understood why they had a bulge in the hood on one side. It totally mesed up the symmetrical look.
Turbo indication

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the race was uphill, dunno if that would have mattered. I could have done better probably. AEM CAI and predatorsport tuner tommorrow :kooky:

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Goliath said:
the race was uphill, dunno if that would have mattered. I could have done better probably. AEM CAI and predatorsport tuner tommorrow :kooky:
hillclimbs favor torque.

But it helped his weight transfer a bit, too, on the other hand.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.