Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im on the highway about two hours ago, and this 05 vert GT is in front of me I here him down shift , and there is nothing but open road just waiting for the cars to get out of are way! there`s an opening and he goes for the center lane and gets one it, I go for the fast lane , so im about 10 feet from his back bumper and start pulling closer to him , until my front bumper is at the front of his door , and this guy lets off , that made me so mad ,there no traffic ,and this ass lets off the gas because im about to pull past him:mad: !
This race was from 70 to about 110 or so ! It would have great if he stayed on the gas, :shrug sore loser I geuss!

1-1 vs.GT and 4-0 vs. V6!

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Ah... you know them 'verters' they are all cruiser... LOL, kidding, 110 is pretty big though... I try to keep it under 100 as I need my DL to get to and from work... but, on occation, whatever it takes!

You said he down shifted... as in stick... and you were beating him with your stock 04 auto, GT not Cobra...?? Low 14's is very respectful for that car, sure it's stock...?? :winks

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
kj_cinci said:
Ah... you know them 'verters' they are all cruiser... LOL, kidding, 110 is pretty big though... I try to keep it under 100 as I need my DL to get to and from work... but, on occation, whatever it takes!

You said he down shifted... as in stick... and you were beating him with your stock 04 auto, GT not Cobra...?? Low 14's is very respectful for that car, sure it's stock...?? :winks
I'd have to agree, 110 is pretty fast. Once you get above 80 it starts getting pretty dangerous. I don't like races that start all the way up at 70. The fun ones start at least around 30/40.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Well, if his top was down, and his toupe' was loose, lol, then anything more than 110 would've cost him his hair! :grinroll: But yeah, 110 is very fast, no matter how fast you've gone before, 110 is fast for blasting down a highway. :hihi:

·
Registered
554 Posts
kj_cinci said:

The guy was either missed a shift or was just playing around. Your car is fast, but dont get the idea you are faster than an 05 GT vert.

Later,
Jason

·
Banned
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My car is stock , when I got it ,it had 2000 miles on it , so unless the person did something to it before I got it ,im pretty sure it`s all stock :smoke: ! there`s no sign of any mod`s !

It is what it is ,that 05 GT went down ! maybe he suck at driving his car:shrug !
I stayed with a coupe to 100 mph from a stop , only got beat by a hood !
There have been a few `05`s at the track only running in the 14`s , so it`s the car or the driver ! and this one guy who swears it not him ,it the car:doh:

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
ran260gt said:
My car is stock , when I got it ,it had 2000 miles on it , so unless the person did something to it before I got it ,im pretty sure it`s all stock :smoke: ! there`s no sign of any mod`s !

It is what it is ,that 05 GT went down ! maybe he suck at driving his car:shrug !
I stayed with a coupe to 100 mph from a stop , only got beat by a hood !
There have been a few `05`s at the track only running in the 14`s , so it`s the car or the driver ! and this one guy who swears it not him ,it the car:doh:
I think your car is not stock... a stock pre 05 GT, especially auto, cannot do 14's as far as I know... Maybe it's chipped, maybe there is other things (internally, like P&P heads, etc.) too but the previous owner wanted to sell it 'stock' and sold CAI, exhaust, etc. on the side...??

Just a thought... and I do believe he went down, why waste time on here with lies!??! You also have that 1/4 ET making me lean even more to my assumptions above...

·
Registered
95 Posts
kj_cinci said:
I think your car is not stock... a stock pre 05 GT, especially auto, cannot do 14's as far as I know... Maybe it's chipped, maybe there is other things (internally, like P&P heads, etc.) too but the previous owner wanted to sell it 'stock' and sold CAI, exhaust, etc. on the side...??

Just a thought... and I do believe he went down, why waste time on here with lies!??! You also have that 1/4 ET making me lean even more to my assumptions above...
A stock auto certainly can run 14's, actually can run 14.0......

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Sephiroth03 said:
A stock auto certainly can run 14's, actually can run 14.0......
Cool, thanks, I stand corrected!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Only reason I can see this happening is because the new throttle system they use.
From one test I read, a 05auto ran(been awhile ) 13.6 I believe at 99 or something odd. They said it was because the tranny shifted into 4th too early.

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Sephiroth03 said:
Only reason I can see this happening is because the new throttle system they use.
From one test I read, a 05auto ran(been awhile ) 13.6 I believe at 99 or something odd. They said it was because the tranny shifted into 4th too early.
Just wanna make sure we talk about the same car... I know an 05 GT w/ auto can run 14's or better, I was questioning if a stock 04 GT auto could do it...??

·
Registered
95 Posts
kj_cinci said:
Just wanna make sure we talk about the same car... I know an 05 GT w/ auto can run 14's or better, I was questioning if a stock 04 GT auto could do it...??

Yea, I know a few that have ran 14.0-14.1, before modding.
DragTimes.com is a ok site, they have a few on there too.
There really isnt a question on 99-04GT's vs 05+, 05's are faster. Anything can happen though. I've seen a girl run a 15 in a C5, doesn't make a GT faster, but she sure would make it look it that way. :laughlitt

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.