Ford Mustang Forum banner

Was this helpful?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Banned
9,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
here you go, to the 4 of you who asked me...
what a difference $168 well spent! no brainer

estamated time 30-45 minutes

step 1 make a map of fireing order /wire location ( see picture one )

step 2 remove all plug wires, on the passenger side theres a bolt that holds the radiator hose frame on , remove this bolt to get wire number 1 out (see picture 2)

step 3 unplug all wires from coil and plugs.

step 4 remove 4 bolts on top of the old coil, do not drop them it took me 20 minutes to get it out behind the fuel rail, i dont have grabbers or a magnet.

step 5 set on the new coil, put all 4 bolts in, dont forget to put the ground wire you took off back on!
(see picture 3)

next replace plugs or leave the old ones in ( gap to 0.65 )

next apply your live wires. or old spark wires in to correct positions useing the numbered wire to the correct cyl and coil position.

useing the supplied protectant, coat the plug porciln and wire boot.

plug boots in to plugs and your off to the races!!!!

(see picture 4)

coil map.bmp is picture 1 dunno why its diff :) good luck guys

·
Banned
9,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes, better pick up in teh 1500-3000 range. i havent had it had it topped up on the highway yet, just around the block. but yes. noticeable.

i went from 2 bands rich at idle, down 3 bands :D

·
Registered
168 Posts
GOD LIKE DUDE! Very cool, I can't wait till mine get here, thanks for the write-up! :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
I wonder if it's the coil or the wires or both that give the improvement.

Anybody try just the wires?

I read on some other forums about people having problems with the Screamin Demon, but still looking into it.

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
I wonder if it's the coil or the wires or both that give the improvement.

Anybody try just the wires?

I read on some other forums about people having problems with the Screamin Demon, but still looking into it.
you have to upgrade your wires to handle the higher voltage of the demon to get the benifit :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
751 Posts
Nice! Getting it when I am gonna get back to MD.

·
Banned
9,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i had one problem. got 2 wires backwards. sounded better than a v8. but when u gave it gas it shook liek all get out, wouldent even burn rubber on a wet street. got it fixe. i gotta say im so impressed

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just put on my screamin deamon coil with msd red plug wires today and I could tell a difference in the lower to mid rpm ranges. . I beleve it does help.

·
Banned
9,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i hope my guide helped you, even though installing its a no brainer :p

i wish everyone could hear what my car sounded liek with those 2 wires backwards, but it cant be good for it :p

·
Registered
962 Posts
just a suggestion,,,dont take all the wires off the coil at once, if you can avoid it. Transfer them one at a time. Might reduce the possibility of crossing the wires. Same with the plug end.
Just a thought.

·
Registered
12,666 Posts
how expensive of a mod was this? I am looking for mods that don't break the bank but that do add more ponies

*edit* must have overlooked that in your first sentence :so

But i am going to look into this one. I have seen a lot of adds in magazines that these add some more power but i never really hear too much about it on the forums.

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
hey hot shot, if i`m not mistaken,and thats your car in your post, the v8 is totaly diff setup. you dont have a single coil pack like the v6. the v8 has seperate coils for each wire.:scratchchin the coil and wire setup in this post is for a 4.0 V6

·
Registered
168 Posts
Someone sticky this, alot of people I think would be helped by this :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
i just pulled all the spark plug ends loose, out of the wire looms, and removed the 4 bolts, and the wire harness plug from the coil, lifted the coil with the wires still on it off. laid it on the bench, matched and plugged the new wires ( that are numbered) into the new coil, applyed the electro lube to each boot and set the new coil and wires in place on the motor. then it was just routing the wires back to the plugs. you could allways take a couple pics before removing. in my case i had my g/f`s car to reference.:)

·
Registered
168 Posts
i just pulled all the spark plug ends loose, out of the wire looms, and removed the 4 bolts, and the wire harness plug from the coil, lifted the coil with the wires still on it off. laid it on the bench, matched and plugged the new wires ( that are numbered) into the new coil, applyed the electro lube to each boot and set the new coil and wires in place on the motor. then it was just routing the wires back to the plugs. you could allways take a couple pics before removing. in my case i had my g/f`s car to reference.:)
The lube, do you want to apply it to the wires or the plugs or both? I plan on doing this tonight, my parts have been sitting in my garage eyeing me for far too long :shigrin

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
sounds like my next performance mod, itll be on order by the end of the week. haha iv been saving for something, looks like this is my next step. seems very easy, ill let yall know how it goes.

·
Registered
19 Posts
How hard of an install is this for someone who doesn't know a whole lot about cars? Are the instructions that come with it pretty detailed? Sounds like an awesome upgrade on both the performance side and cosmetics. I had never even heard of this item till I read this so thanks!

hey where di you find the kit fr $168? I'm planning on getting one...

·
Banned
9,216 Posts
if you read my very first post, its a no-brainer
2005-2007 Mustang V6 Ignition
$169.00 plus shipping

does not come with instructions.

so read my post.

gap to .65 with a single ground plug

or if u want 2 grounds, i got a set of bosch platnum +2's for sale in classifieds for cheaper than the store

get the kit with the wires

1 - 20 of 105 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.