Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can any dealers out there tell me if it is possible to get the global down to work in an 06 and what hardware whould be needed, or is all the stuff the same as the 05. Also if there is any 05 owners in the Dallas/Fortworth area that had theres reactivated and which dealer did it.

·
Registered
269 Posts
SwastkeGT you are probably aware of this but I'll mention it in the event your not. The global window feature was diactivated as it was faulty, the windows would roll down all on their own, apparently triggered by a source other than the key fob (someone said cellphone signals but I don't know if thats fact or fiction). I have no desire to come out to my car one day and find the windows went down during a rain storm:happyhapp . I recall a previous post saying that after Ford disabled it early in the 05 run you could still reprogram it and get them to function, then toward the end of the 05 run they removed it all together so there where no way you could make it function.

·
Registered
867 Posts
My vert has it. I bought it in April. I don't know the build date. I didn't here about the problem - I'll have to watch out for it. It's not global - just the fronts (which I guess would be global to the hardtop :laughlitt ) My hardtop didn't come with the active alarm option that included that feature.

·
Registered
394 Posts
2horseowner said:
My vert has it. I bought it in April. I don't know the build date. I didn't here about the problem - I'll have to watch out for it. It's not global - just the fronts (which I guess would be global to the hardtop :laughlitt ) My hardtop didn't come with the active alarm option that included that feature.
If you didn't get the feature that included it...how does it work now? How do you program this to work and see if I have it also?

·
Registered
10 Posts
SwatskeGT said:
Can any dealers out there tell me if it is possible to get the global down to work in an 06 and what hardware whould be needed, or is all the stuff the same as the 05. Also if there is any 05 owners in the Dallas/Fortworth area that had theres reactivated and which dealer did it.
What is global down?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts