Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may be nothing but I want to throw it out to you guys for an opinion. When Im cruising on the interstate in 5th gear and I back off on the gas,if I slowly feed gas back in, i get a whine for a moment. Its less pronounced at steady speeds but still there. I had the clutch pack TSB done shortly after I got the car in January of 06. Ive got 34k on the odometer now. I was planning on changing the rear end oil and modifier soon, but wanted to get some reactions. Am I just too picky or is this just the nature of the S197 drivetrain?

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
If you check the TSBs, you'll find there are some for rear axle whine (ring and pinion noise) as well as those for moan and groan on turns (limited slip clutch pack).

·
Registered
9,239 Posts
Welcome to the wonderful world of 2005-2008 8.8’s. Ford got a whole mess of bad gears and a ton make noise. We had to throw 4 ring and pinions at my 07’ before it was right and two of my lease (lease = I could care less:p) F150’s howled like wearwolves.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Ring gear and pinion on my 07 GT w/auto was replaced twice under warranty due to whine. They got it right the second time.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Just throw some 3.73s or 4.10s in the rear and kill 2 birds with 1 stone. Look at it as a good excuse for a mod.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.