Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:?: This is my first post since ordering my '06 black prem. GT vert. and joining the forum. BTW great info and tips which are really useful for someone like me! Anyone know the outside (outlet) diameter for the exhaust pipes on the '06 GT? I'm thinking of ordering some mods and other stuff to keep from going crazy while waiting and thought I'd checkout some exhaust tips. Also, what length looks good without being too long? Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
3"

CHW said:
:?: This is my first post since ordering my '06 black prem. GT vert. and joining the forum. BTW great info and tips which are really useful for someone like me! Anyone know the outside (outlet) diameter for the exhaust pipes on the '06 GT? I'm thinking of ordering some mods and other stuff to keep from going crazy while waiting and thought I'd checkout some exhaust tips. Also, what length looks good without being too long? Thanks for your help!
They are 3" pipes and I know what you mean. Everything in my .sig is in my living room except the car. Which is still in Detroit or wherever. I feel your pain, my brother. Mine gets here about the first week of January. If you call your dealer, he can further add to your pain and twist the knife by telling you when it will be built and when it is expected to be delivered.

Agony.

Have you seen the video gxsilver made?

http://www.throttlehorseracing.com/video_gallery/2005%20Mustang%20gt%20JBA%20exhaust.wmv

Excellent shot of the chrome tailpipes on the JBA mufflers. I have them and they are *huge* and noticeable. If you can't download it, I can probably mail you a CD with the video on it. Downloaded it the second of December and have watched it over and over. Makes me ache, I want my car so much!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
3" pipes

JetBlack...thanks for the info and the video! I downloaded it, and saved it. It's great!! Your time is short until your pony arrives and just enjoy the heck out of it when youn get it...I've got months left since I ordered on 11/17/05. I have the patience of your everage 8 year old, so waiting's not going to be pretty! thanks again.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Not to worry. I ordered mine November 4 [or within a day or two of then].

Seems to be lots of variation though. Depends on where you live, perhaps.

Good luck waiting. I have been spending many hours thinking about nothing else but the car. Then I go to bed.... Patience is not my strong suit either :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts