Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 06 GT with about 20000 miles on it. About once every month or so when I try to gas it a little, it will rev but no power will go to rear wheels. Then after about a second it slams forward and takes off. I am worried about trashing the rear end if it keeps doing this. It seems to do it more often when it is wet outside. It has not done it from take off, just when car is moving. I have not had any faults show up. Any ideas would be helpful. I need to get it to the shop but without being able to recreate the problem, I don't know if they can do anything. Thanks.

·
Registered
50 Posts
i Had the same problem in my 06 GT. it mostly did it in the morning or in humid weather. my mechanic told me it was the fuel filter. I changed it out at 50k miles and it hasn't done it since.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Is it an automatic? Mine does this but i though it was the tq converter spooling up??

·
Registered
197 Posts
If it rev's fine, I would say trans. Or converter.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I have a 06 GT with about 20000 miles on it. About once every month or so when I try to gas it a little, it will rev but no power will go to rear wheels. Then after about a second it slams forward and takes off. I am worried about trashing the rear end if it keeps doing this. It seems to do it more often when it is wet outside. It has not done it from take off, just when car is moving. I have not had any faults show up. Any ideas would be helpful. I need to get it to the shop but without being able to recreate the problem, I don't know if they can do anything. Thanks.
my mustang also does this every now and then but it happens when i decel and in low RPM and then give it gas

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.