Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my Way back from the track lastnight i noticed my steering wheel was shakeing alittle not to much but enough to notice visibly. And there is a weird sqeakingrattle noise comeing from around the left tire region. I made sure my lugnuts were on tight they were so im thinking it could be one of my "Control ARMS" is loose. I dont think its a ball joint because it doesnt sqeak under turns just when i a small bump or somthing. I dont see anything visibly cracked or broken. I wont be albe to take to a lift until this weekend because the army is working me hard this week. Any suggestions on what you think it is? Anyone had this problem?

·
Registered
10,877 Posts
It could be a wheel bearing, disk braks pad telling you it needs to be changed. :scratchchin

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not the brakes i just did them a month ago. if it were the wheel bearing would it sqeak and "grind" more instead of a lite rattle/squeak and steering wheel shake?

·
Registered
10,877 Posts
not the brakes i just did them a month ago. if it were the wheel bearing would it sqeak and "grind" more instead of a lite rattle/squeak and steering wheel shake?
A loose or bad wheel bearing will vibrate some. Its hard to do this without hearing the problem. I would look at the entire front suspension. You might have a bad tire also, try rotating the tires.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah im lift it up tonight in my garage and look at it. Im also thinking that it could be my rotors are warped.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.