Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did Ford change the passenger side mirror in the 06? My buddy knocked off his passenger side rear view mirror and when he went to get it replaced they asked for the build date.

Before 12/05 = $100
After 12/05 = $232

What changed??

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
He also said the part number for pre 12/05 is 4R3Z-17682AAA. Post is 6R3Z-17682AAA

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Must be something internal such as the way it bolts in, don't know what else it could be. Different wire harnesses possibly?? I dunno, seems like a huge price increase to justify any of the above.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi,

I had an idiot knock off my passenger side mirror (06 GT) two weeks ago. I found a replacement for the complete mirror assembly (www.doctorautoparts.com) for 75 bucks or so, including shipping. I got the mirror in like 2 days. It fits the 06 GT and looks exactly the same as the OEM ford part. So, I know this fits and works on an O6. This is the right hand side mirror...the left side is 412-L. I recoemnd this company and the part based on my own experience with my car. I'm not affiliated. Hope this helps.

part number....
SKU: TM 412-R
Product: Mirror
Qty: 1

Tilt

·
Registered
35 Posts
Fleg,

I don't know the build date off hand. I can find out. If it helps, I can give some dates on my order and such. I placed to order for my car in early October (05). The order was placed by my local dealer on 10/8/05. I picked it up around December 10th (05). I picked it up the day after in came to the dealer on a truck..so it wasn't a car that was already on the lot for a while. So, I guess my build date is sometime between October and December, most likely in late October or November. My salesman emailed me that he had a VIN number in the last half of November (I guess that means the car is done?), and told me the car would be here in about 2 weeks. As I said, I had the car by December 10th. If you need a specific date, I can find out for you from my paperwork. I have to park a ways away from work, so I can't look until this evening. Hope this helps.

Tilt

1 - 6 of 6 Posts