Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm expected to get an 05 V6 very shortly. The dealer says it should be here "in a day or two." We'll see how accurate he is.

Anyways, I know Ford will beging building the 2006s sometime this week. My question is, does anyone know of any significant changes made from an engineering standpoint between the model years? For example, does the 06 have a different suspension than the 05, something along those lines.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
99 Posts
i think most of the changes will be cosmetic, pony package driving lights two new colors etc. i dont know of any performance changes.


05 GT, Mineral Grey.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
829 Posts
Besides the wheel options and pony packaged stuff....I know there will be tire air psi monitoring to let you know when a tire is low in air pressure. I THINK there will be a change in the front turn/park lamps. I THINK they will be incorporated into the headlight bucket in some way. I think it is so because of the way the order sheet read for the '06. This is the line:

Headlamps – complex
reflector halogen w/integral
park/turn lamps
Russ​
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,820 Posts
Gig4Fun said:
Besides the wheel options and pony packaged stuff....I know there will be tire air psi monitoring to let you know when a tire is low in air pressure. I THINK there will be a change in the front turn/park lamps. I THINK they will be incorporated into the headlight bucket in some way. I think it is so because of the way the order sheet read for the '06. This is the line:



Headlamps – complex




reflector halogen w/integral

park/turn lamps

Russ​
Hmm, not sure on the Tire pressure system. Read the 06 1st printing of owners manual and nothing mentioned about it. A Tire dealer newspaper we recieve also said that it isnt until 07 before its mandatory. Few Big tire manufactures are suing to revise the system.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
829 Posts
Stoenr said:
Hmm, not sure on the Tire pressure system. Read the 06 1st printing of owners manual and nothing mentioned about it. A Tire dealer newspaper we recieve also said that it isnt until 07 before its mandatory. Few Big tire manufactures are suing to revise the system.
Gosh, sorry to sound so firm on that... My dealer told me it would be so. That is the only thing they told me they were sure of for '06. So I must retract my level of commitment to that claim.... I KNOW they said it was new in the '06! There, I think that is better said... (put it on them where it came from!)

What do you make of the headlamp integral turn language? I wonder what it means... Did the '05 order form call them this?

Thanks, Russ
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,820 Posts
Hehe, well defintly not saying im correct. and after reading my post again, take the word read, and pronounce it red. I wasnt telling you to read the manual. I meant I red(read) the manual. Wow that can be confusing.


hmmm, I believe they will be the same. The word intergral they mean the parking light and turn signal are integrated. not within the headlight tho.

That is confusing also!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,570 Posts
I too have read (red) in some reliable magazines such as 5.0 Mustang magazine that there will be a TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring system) standard for ALL 2006 Stangs. Can anyone truly deny or concur with this statement?!?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
186 Posts
If you are not getting a X=Plan for the V6 stang i would wait till the 2006s are out in the next few weeks.The 2005 are about a year old and i would ratter wait a few weeks unless you ordered a stang GT because that will be a tad harder to get...I am sure you will not have a problem getting a 2006 stang at sticker but don't think you can get a GT at sticker as of now...Cancal order and wait a few weeks..............Johnny
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,820 Posts
Waxed'05 GT said:
I too have read (red) in some reliable magazines such as 5.0 Mustang magazine that there will be a TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring system) standard for ALL 2006 Stangs. Can anyone truly deny or concur with this statement?!?
hehe yeah waxed, we will find out soon enough i guess.
5 bucks it dont? lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
i would but 20 on it does
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
708 Posts
The tire pressure sensors are just like the 2 other idiot gauges added with the IUP. It won't give you a nice digital reading per tire. It will just indicate low pressure when one drops below a certain PSI.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,820 Posts
rideclassic2025 said:
i would but 20 on it does
Lol, I wouldnt wager money on Ford decision thats for sure.
How about nanners!

But I had to go and double check the 06 manual for msg centers sequence of system checks.
1. Oil Pressure
2. Charging system
3. Driver door
4. Passenger door
5. Trunk
6. Brake system
7. Trac control (if equipped)
8. Fuel Cap
9. Fuel Level
10. Miles to empty

Nothing about tire pressures. Or in the How to's on the Info system.
But then again, this is the 1st printing.
Ill just hafta wait and see....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
829 Posts
JC8076 said:
you lose, now pay the man

"Integrated Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) comes standard on all 2006 Mustangs"

https://www.fleet.ford.com/showroom/2006fleetshowroom/2006-mustang.asp
Hey, since I started this air psi mess can I get five bucks too! hahaha

My wifes car has it and it's nice. I don't have to check her tires when she thinks they are low. I just ask her if the light came on (it has two times in the past and it was a tire that was low) and then keep working on my stuff...
Russ
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
237 Posts
Where did you see an '06 owners manual. Do you have it in electronic format that you can post or email it to me. Thanks

Stoenr said:
Hmm, not sure on the Tire pressure system. Read the 06 1st printing of owners manual and nothing mentioned about it. A Tire dealer newspaper we recieve also said that it isnt until 07 before its mandatory. Few Big tire manufactures are suing to revise the system.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,170 Posts
Yossarian said:
I'm expected to get an 05 V6 very shortly. The dealer says it should be here "in a day or two." We'll see how accurate he is.

Anyways, I know Ford will beging building the 2006s sometime this week. My question is, does anyone know of any significant changes made from an engineering standpoint between the model years? For example, does the 06 have a different suspension than the 05, something along those lines.
The suspension will be a little different if you order the 18" wheels, as far as the tire pressure monitor, don't know about this year, but it is a federally mandated requirement, I belive by 07 on all cars.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,170 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,570 Posts
Pcfrisch - It does state ALL '06 Mustangs AND on that web page it does not show TPMS as a fleet specific option. You wanna pay me 5 bucks too????:thumbsup
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,820 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Top