Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased set of deep dish bullitts from MT and rear offset is wrong. Had to purchase additional 1/4 spacers to clear brakes in addition to the two that come with the wheels for the front. Wish they would have told me.... Anyways, just a warning to all you 06ers looking at the same. Also, is it common for the rims to get hot as hell after 30 minutes of driving??? Is it the friction created by the spacers or is this common. Freakin MT....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yep I got those too. They have been like that from day one and still they sell them as correct offset. I have the 05 GT so I only needed the spacers on the front. I called a month ago to see what was going on with getting the right ones, no progress there but they did basicaly tell me it could be worse as the front and rear scrub on the 06. Did you get the email where they just discovered this? I know someone that got the same "just discovered problem" email just after he got his. Almost a month after I bought mine.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I had the same problem... finally got the front spacers in.. then they had to take off the wheels because i needed back spacers to.. it was a mess. but its all good now an im VERY happy

·
Registered
538 Posts
I have had problems with the 18" deep dish rims too. Spacers were put on the front wheels. Since the rims were installed Ive had a slight wooble in the steering wheel. Took it to Ford and they said that that the spacers have oblong holes that dont fit snugly over the axle studs. That combined with the rims heating up may cause the steering wheel to wobble.

Anyone else having the same problems with these MT rims???

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
What are spacers?

·
Registered
99 Posts
to clear your brakes . I had them on mine front 05 v6 the calipers where to big for and to clear the rim I was using since then I've taking mine off and put my stock wheels back on .

·
Registered
65 Posts
Well i'm glad I read this, I was just about to order a set of the 18x9, 18x10. I really have no idea how spacers and offsets work. I think i'll just wait now. Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
How big are the stock 17" wheels on 2005's?

Are they 17x8 or 17x9?

·
Registered
68 Posts
i have the wobble at abot 40-60 mph.. not so bad after.. i think it may be because of the tires? being to wide they "pick up" every pot hole or rock in the road? i may be wrong but i wouldnt trade my rims for anything it actually makes my car feel more like a muscle car.. the way it handles and how the steering is stiffer... and the wobble just ads to the "classic" character in my book:drool:

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
I think I'm going to go with the 17x8 Black bullits come next spring. I've been hearing too many stories about rubbing, 18's not clearing brakes, and don't get me started on spacers.

·
Registered
6 Posts
roughnk05 said:
to clear your brakes . I had them on mine front 05 v6 the calipers where to big for and to clear the rim I was using since then I've taking mine off and put my stock wheels back on .
I thought they fit the V6? I was told the reason they didn't fit the GT was because they were made using the V6 specs and assumed to be the same. My opinion of MT is that they could be more honest. There is still no mention of this before you buy and I've heard from people who bought before and after me and we all got surprised with the problem and their excuse. I have two GT's, I still have 4 brand new rims in the box unopened that I can't return, and I don't want to use on the other car.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Heat build up?! Wobbling?! IMHO... The wheels are defective and poorly engineered. They should stop selling them until they are corrected and not offer a band-aid solution ala a spacer. It makes me question the overall quality of the product.

Yes they look very cool, I almost bought some. But after hearing all of these issues, I sad "No Way". They may look cool, but it's hard to drive your cool stang when you're in a body bag...

Personally, I would not putting them on my car. Look at it this way, if you have a defective radiator hose that breaks, it's a bummer. Call a tow truck. If a wheel breaks because of a casting flaw, spacer issue, etc, chances are you're going to have a bad day. A very bad day. I just hope no one gets hurt or worst.

I actually can't believe they have chosen to keep selling them. It I were Mr. Deep-dish CEO, I'd issue a recall and pray that nobody sued my butt in the interim.

I don't want to sound like I'm ranting, I'd just hate to see someone get hurt.

·
Registered
1 Posts
MT 18 deep dish

I just ordered the 18" deep dish Chome Bullitts from MT. and just read all of these problems. Does anyone know what is the correct fix for this problem ? Has MT provided additonal spacers or what is their answer to the problem ?
I have a 06 GT and will not mount any tires untill I am sure these wheels are going to fit. Any help would be great!

·
Registered
829 Posts
What is different about the '06 GT rears over the '05 GT rears? Did they make a change in the diameter of the disc brakes?

·
Registered
5 Posts
i purchased the rims that you speak of from MT about a month ago....i have a 06 as well...no problems with heat or spacing in the rear...yes the fronts did require the spacers, i have logged about 1K since the rims have been installed and i have no wobbles at all...even with the car lowered and just recently getting the camber adjusted (friday) my car rides like stock..my wife has an 05 Gt that i can compare it to...

well i tried to post the pic directly to my post but it did not work

1 - 17 of 17 Posts